Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

nurseaannurseaa Posts: 47
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hey everyone or to those that replied to my post. I thought my doc would send me for a mylegram but told me he didnt think it would show anything, even though i am still having severe issues in my neck. He also said cortisone shots wouldnt help either. He stated and i quote "i think your hardware may be loose due to your symptoms but we will just keep an eye on it and recheck you in feburary" I also asked about the nerve pinching when i turn my head and the pain going down my left arm to my elbow, he just says it will get better, i had my procedure in August 10 and since have had severe pain in C7-T1 area even though he worked on C5-6. Anyone have any ideas? just please give me your opinion i know we are not doctors but any info or reply would help.

• Hello Nurseaa, I wish I had some insite to tell you but I am just now starting down the "cervical/T-spine" path myself!!

I hope that some of the very knowledgable people on here will respond ith some wonderful ideas!!

Please keep us posted on your situation!!!
  • I don't have any answers for you either but wanted to tell you that after my ACDF, I had pretty bad pain at the base of my neck and in my shoulders. I talked with my surgeon about it post-op and he said that it was normal post-op pain. I can't remember how long it lasted and my ACDF was C4-7, but I remember it lasting longer than I thought it should. But my surgeon was not concerned with that pain either.

As for the pinching when you turn your head, I really don't know anything about that as I've never experienced that post-op. If your doc says it may be loose hardware, that would make sense, but it doesn't make it any easier, does it?

It sounds like you're going through the usual "let's wait and see what happens" ordeal and I know it's difficult and frustrating. You're not that far out of surgery, so try to be patient with what's happening, but never hesitate to bug your surgeon when you think something just isn't right. He has a responsibility to take care of you post-op - your relationship doesn't end once he sews you shut.

Take care and please keep us posted.
  • thanks pollyr i hope your experience is not like mine!
  • Thanks Cath111,
    I was in shock when he said that my hardware may be loose and i think my mouth was open for the rest of my visit. The last thing i want is to have to go back under the knife.I know you had a large fusion and i know it was really rough for you. I just sooo wanted to wake up with relief and that hasnt happened since i opened my eyes in recovery. I am scared and depressed and just dont know what to do.On the other hand i also have a ent waiting on my neck to be well so he can remove the cholesteatoma behind my eardrum before it does any more damage than it already has. This wait and see crap is killin me because i am in CONSTANT pain and have to work 12 hour shifts anyway because i have to have money for bills. I really appreciate you posting back,it just seems like everytime i post no one on this site cares to respond back except for a few like you amd a few others so thank you and i hope you are feeling good today. Take care.