Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Multiple Sclerosis?neck injury?

taylormaettaylormae Posts: 16
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi i really need i swear im loosing my mind with all these problems! If anyone can help Id really apperciate it!
I was in a accident May2010 i broke my neck i was 2millimeters away from being paralyzed I had ACC w hardware and fusion. Before the surgery i didnt have much pain,I had arm pain and pain in my shoulders blades. I recovered from the surgery pretty well. About a month ago the top of my arm started to spasm/twitch it did it for 2 days straight then on the 2nd day it calmed down a little but i then started to notice in various places of my body at this point im having spasms/twiching: eyes,lips,calfs,thighs,neck,arms,hands,ankles,knees,back,butt,stomach,my chest. My other symptoms are : headaches all over my head,ear aches,neck pain,back,shooting pain down both arms into my fingers,wrists,elbows,Knee pain,My legs/arms/feet become very tired feeling and weak that i cant walk or pick up a t-shirt,I have also noticed some breathing issues. I get all different types of sensations:hot/cold,a"vibratiing" feeling like a cell phone is in me,pins an needles,burning. The heels of my feet feel weird or hurt all the time its hard to explain but sometimes it hurts when somethings touchs it.

I went to my NS on monday with high hopes of being helped an boy was i let down! I wrote all my symptoms down just so i didnt forget one and i read it off to him and his PA. he didnt want to let finish and fully explain everything and was just quick to say that this doesnt have anything to do with breking my neck. I was pretty irritated when he said tht im 21 years old and have never had any problems with my neck or back. Everything ive read about the surgery i had done was that alot of people develope problems but my dr.s attitude is that im fine and theirs absolutely NO chance that something went wrong. He hasnt sent me for an xray in over 4months so i dont know how he could assume everythings fine. So after rushing me through the appt. he told me i need to go see a neurologist and be checked for Multiple Sclrosis. I am not that educated on the condition so i googled it and it doesn seem i do have the symptoms i also learned that it is possible to develope MS after a upper neck spinal injury but their is some debate about it amoung dr.s on how their is a connection. UUUGGGHH.....idk what to do im hating life right now.

THANK YOU in advance for any help you all can offer!

• Hello Taylor and Welcome to Spine-health!!

I am new to the Cervical so I have no advice to give other than maybe go for a second opinion. You are your own health advocate and if you feel that something is wrong then you need to listen!!

Sorry that I could offer no other advice but if you need to talk or scream you can always PM me...I am a great listener!!
  • I am sorry to hear of all your pain, twitching and spasms.

I can't help you as to what is causing the symptoms, but I am also experiencing a lot of the same.

I am waiting to get the results of a cervical MRI, and hope that may give some idea of what is going on. I will be seeing a neurosurgeon in March to get these results. It seems a very long wait, but I suppose that if things are urgent, they will call me in before then.

I will be interested to hear if anyone else can shed some light on your problems.

I hope that you will manage to get to the bottom of what is causing all your symptoms soon, and even more importantly, that there will be a plan to deal with them.

Take care :-)