Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nerve burn

jjj Posts: 150
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Spinal Injections
I had a nerve burn last Friday. My pain doc usually does one side at a time but he nailed me on both. Friday i was in really bad pain and came home and just slept. I have to say that everyday since i have reminders that i have had injection, yet for the most part i would love to hug my doc. I hugged him on Monday and he also gave me a shot of Tamadol and also a steroid pack to calm the rest down. So fingers, and toes crossed I think and pray for some long term relief.

Feels good not to have pain in lower back , so good.
Anyone else with success and how long did you get relief???

• hey jane,
    I pray you get some good long relief from it..
    I have never gotten any from any injections..
    but everyones different..i would pay all i have to have some good time relief..

so i wish you all the best
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • hey jane
    can i ask you or others how do docs come to do the neve burn and how do they know which ones to burn...
    i have only had many injections...
    does emg show them?
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • I hope the relief gets better for you everyday. I'm looking into getting a PM Dr. that does nerve burns. Every PM Dr. I've been to only does injections. Best wishes. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanks charry and Mary, thought i was the only one here.
    Mary they had my films and then they also used fluoroscope. My pm doc told me on Monday at appt he usually does one side at a time, but he nailed me with both, so i should have been in pain. Just like i was. With the Tramadol and steroids he is hoping to expedite the healing.
    So i have to say i have been smiling lately, and that feels so good. I have no idea how long it will last but i am going to look at the glass half full for today. I have gone through enough. I still have moments at the end of the day that remind me, but nothing like before. Charry i hope you find a pm doctor that can help you. I wish that we all get the help we need.....

• Glad to hear that something is working to provide you some much needed relief! I agree with you that it is important to live in the moment and enjoy what we have today! To me, that is what living life is all about.

• I am happy to read that you are getting good pain relief in your lower back and I hope each day brings you more and more smiles.

I haven't had a nerve burn yet, but it has been mentioned for the chronic pain I have in my tailbone area and lower lumbar area. It's nice to read about your success!

Best wishes to you for continued relief,

• Jane, that's great news, I'm so happy for you!! I've had both sides of my neck done, the 1st was in April, and it lasted up until I'd say about Sep/Oct. Not quite painfree, but so much better than what it was!! The other side was a disaster and ended up with a bad case of neuritis, and just made it worse.

My pm decided to try to do some sort of pulse wave procedure, done the same way as an RFA, on the side that it didn't work on, but due to the increased pain and symptoms on the other side, he agreed to try it there instead. I'm getting that done on Tuesday. He said the neuritis happened most likely because the radio-frequency was set too high of a level, and the pulse wave would be much easier.

Mary, he did the RFA after I had a couple of positive outcomes from facet joint injections.

I hope the effects of the RFA lasts a long time for you Jane!!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • So good to hear that you are getting some well-deserved relief from your pain. What level did you have the burn? Was the shot Toradol? I used to have that for migraines and it worked very well.

Miss chatting with you.....

Marianne xxoo
  • Just dropping in hoping the nerve burns are still working for ya. Never had one myself. Had the ESI's which didn't help. Fingers crossed for ya!! :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.