Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello All

BrokengirlBBrokengirl Posts: 13
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:49 AM in New Member Introductions
First of all I have to say what a relief it was finding this site! I was in a car accident almost 2years ago, and although fortunate enough to walk away with all visible body parts in tact I received a parting gift of a herniated disk in my neck and a herniated L5S1! I have had epidurals, facet block injections, rf treatments, a diskectomy and nucleoplasty on lower back and today I received my first facet block injection in my neck...a good time was NOT had by all. The procedures and surgery on my lower back did not work and I am still in a great deal of pain most days, although I do have to say the pain went from a 10 to a 6 or 7 on the good days. I do my best to try to fight through the pain and even tried not taking pain medication, nerve locks, muscle relaxers and nerve blockers for about 3 weeks but i'm not tough enough for that and returned to the vicodin today. I usually try to stay positive and not talk about the pain or other problems associated with it, but it's nice to know that if I do need a place to ask questions or vent a little you are here.

Sorry if that was ramble but as I said...had a procedure and back on vicodin.

Thanks to all, and and may we all look forward to our next pain free day!
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to Spine Health Brokengirl. Sorry to hear you had to join us. Not a bad "sorry", the sorry for your medical issues. :)

I'm pending fusion for my L2/3/4, but have had fusions in my neck. Ongoing pain sucks, but you will find here we understand and can relate. Welcome to the "spiney family" Ms. Brokengirl. *HUGZ*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Welcome If you have any question we are here for you.

Jim
  • Welcome to Spine-Health. There are a lot of great articles and videos throughout the site that can be very valuable and helpful. And the members of the forum are friendly, knowledgeable and supportive. I'm glad you found us.

Have you also started back on muscle relaxants along with the pain meds? I think sometimes those are more valuable than the pain meds as spasms seem to run rampant among spineys. If you haven't, since you're back on meds (and nobody can blame you there), don't forget thos muscle relaxants too. You might find times when they're better than anything else.

Heat is always good too for some relief, especially this season. Many of us are married to our heating pads and/or hot, hot showers or those lucky enough to have a hot tub.

Take care and again, welcome to SH.
    Cathie
  • Wanted to say hi and welcome as well. Everyone here is truly wonderful and I'm sure they will be able to answer questions you may have, as well as be someone to lean on or vent to.
    >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you will make lots of new and wonderful friends here.. please make yourself at home and have a good look around...stop by anytime! someone is almost always home! Jenny :)
advertisement