Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Thinking of Al (asignor908)

sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
As a lot of you know Al was scheduled to have a laminectomy L4-S1 this morning at 7:30. I just thought I'd start a thread sending him our best wishes. I hope that by now he is recovering in his room and that his post op pain is well controlled. I also hope he's thinking it wasn't as bad as he feared...fingers crossed for you.

I hope your recovery goes well and that your issues are resolved. You'll be in my prayers.

• Good idea Debbie!! Al, as was said, hopefully you are back in your room and resting comfortably. I too will keep my fingers crossed for ya!! :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I hope your recovery is going well. Thinking of you and post when you're able. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Yes, Good thoughts to you.
  • I've been thinking of you too Al.

Hope that all has gone well and that they are managing to keep you comfortable.

Looking forward to hearing how you are doing when you feel up to it.

Keep healing. >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Hello All, it is so sweet that you guys are thinking of me, it means a great deal. I got home from the hospital about 12 hours ago pretty drugged and I was able to get a sort of restless sleep. Surgery went smoothly and i am have severe lower back pain espicially when i try to move around. They were trying to give me some pain medication called Roxycodone (never heard of it before) which kept making my o2 saturation drop to about 80-86. They finally figured iut they were also giving mre Klonopin and Ativan (which I normally take for anxiety) that was mixing with it causing that issue.

I am setup today for three visitors, a nurse, an occupational therapist, and a physical therapist. They also gave me a walker and a shower chair at discharge and prescipitions for my normal pain medications,Oxycode 20, and percocet 10.

I think my legs are feeling a lot better, but I also think it's too early to be sure. Ireally love you all so much for caring this way, it truly touched me. Well now comes recovery and I'm sure it will be managable. I will keep you posted on progess.

Going to try to rest again, I can't tell you how much this means to me, it was like a big welcome home sign beaming at me. God Bless you all and i hope everyone is doing well and not having pain.

More later, night to all
    AL S
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    First off here's a very gentle hug for you. >:D<

I'm so glad your surgery went well and you're home!! I know how anxious you were (as I would be too) and just not having to worry about it has to be a huge relief.

I hope your recovery goes smoothly. Please just be patient and take care of yourself. Try to get lots of rest.

Please let us know more as you feel up to it. I'll be thinking of you.

• just came onto this thread to wish you well and saw your post your home

hope your recovery from your lami keeps going well, bet your relieved its over

take care

• So glad to hear that you are home already.

That is a good sign that things are going as expected. It is tough at first to move about, but it will get easier until it actually makes you feel better to walk.

I know that you must be feeling very relieved that the surgery is over now. Now comes your part - resting and healing. Follow all instructions that you have been given and try to be patient while you heal.

We'll look forward to hearing more about how you are doing soon. :-)

• :SS L) Hi ALL,
    Well, back in hospital,just go my laptop brought to me today so I could try to get in touch. After I gave my mission accomplished speech on the deck of the Titanic, I started having horrific pain in my right hip, and right leg. Pain meds where doing pretty much nothing. Just a few short hours later walking at all was a tearful and ugly event. I could not sit or stand even with a riser on the toilet. I would try to sit on my bed to get back in, but I would start to sit and pain went wild so i would just fall in yelping like a puppy. I was taken later that night by ambulance to nearest hospital. Then trasfered again to the hospital that did surgery where I have been since on heavy meds and steroid which may be helping, if not they may open me up again :T and see what caused all this since my right leg and hip didn't have these proplems at all before. Hope you guys will keep me in your prayers, I am in the unknown at this point, they were giving me so much pain meds ny 02 sats got down to 70 So I tried to skip some doses, but pain is worening. Please write me a post, alone in th hopital is a bummer.
    AL S
  • Al, I am so sorry to hear of your problems and want you to know that I will be thinking of you and praying for you throughout today. I pray that they will be able to get your extreme pain under control and discover and solve what is causing it.

You are not alone. God is there with you, and I pray you will feel His love and presence :-) xxx
  • I am so sorry to hear that you are having such terrible pain.You are in my thoughts and prayers that they can control your pain and find out what is causing this for you.We are all here for you, please keep us updated when you are able to.
    >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Home from Hospital again, but with a lot less pain and much better mobility. Taking my normal pain meds But with a new steroid unhtil the 26th which appears to have done the trick to perhaps and inflamed nerve going down my right leg (oppisite of bad leg).

At any rate Things have turned around 180 and I am functioning and living again. All you support and prayers did a great deal and meant the world to me.

Thank you ALL so much >:D<
    AL S
  • Al,

Excellent!! Glad to hear you are feeling better finally. Sorry that you had such a scare so soon after surgery. *HUGZ* that the nerve stays calmed down, and you can focus on healing. :)

• Yikes!

My sat rates are also all over, and between the meds I'm on (percocet 10/325 x 2 every 4 hours, fentsnyl psych 50 mg, and 1-2 mg dilaudid push every 2 hours- this is what it took to get my pain under control!)

It may end up keeping me in the hospital too long :(

• HB,

Could that be your body still recovering from them deflating your lung? Have they told you what is making it "all over the place?" Hopefully it will stabilize soon. Support *HUGZ*

• Had to quit taking the steroids, had a vary bad effect on my anxiety and PTSD problems. Stopped them totally today, was making me crazy and hopefully the have done enought to keep the inflammation down. This was scary for me and quite unpleasant.

I have had a similar issue before with a different steroid. It's just awful and makes me angry and aggressive. Horrible feelings to go along with my other horrible feelings.

Back on normal pain meds and holding my own, sleep still a mess.

That's it for now,

AL S
  • I'm glad that you (or they?) where able to identify what is going on. Please try and rest, and hopefully this pain will back down darlin. Big *HUGZ* to ya!!!
  • good your home and the steroids have helped settile things down, hopefully you have gotten enought to make a dent , it sucks , whe we get reactions to meds and have to stop them

hoe your on the mend now
    take care
  • To all my beloved spiney friends and supporters, thank you and please have a wonderful pain free Christmas and may God bless you all.

I am doing better, thank the Lord, and my pain is back to a more manageable state. This recovery thing is going to take some time so I have to pray for patients.

God bless you all and thanks for the support.

AL S
  • And especially to you Al - it is amazing how someone I never met, but how only shared online experiences can matter so much! I told my husband this morning that I am sorry I have finished my degree work because studying the social phenomenon of online support would be a great topic!

A merry and pain controlled Christmas to all!
  • Everyone that I have connected with on here has come to mean a lot to me. it is an unusual thing, I was never a computer network person until these and now the support and outreach I get means so very much. The people are individually important to me and each time I check for a message it really matters to me what they say, feel, aand think.

Love them all

Good Luck preese
    AL S
  • Merry Christmas and I am glad you are getting relief from your pain. Keep your chin up, it will get better! Take care...Hugs, Robin