Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Seeking alittle help

tmcj4ttmcj4 Posts: 13
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Lower Back Pain
I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on what this could be. The outsides of both of my feet are getting stabing pain when I walk. If I am shopping or walking around the house my feet will hurt. The pain goes to about my knee caps then my legs won't bend.So I'll have to hold on to a buggy slide my feet or sit down because I am scared I will fall.I have had 2 surgeries(can't spell:)L5-S1 now I have nerve damage.Had test run and all the other good stuff that goes along with having a bad back. I also have 2 bulging disc in the neck.Problems with back have gone on for years.My Neurosurgen sent me to pain management after 2nd surgery. This summer I found out with a MRI about the neck.Ok. My ears ring all the time and my neck swells. I guess what I want to know is does anyone else have or had that problem? Going back to Dr. tomorrow.He done xrays last time and will probably order another MRI. I just want to make sure I don't sound like I am crazy. It is funny how we question ourselves when we know we hurt. God bless us thou. Unless you have chronic pain everyday you really don't understand how bad it is. Thanks for reading. I love this site and it is nice to know I am not alone.

• your not crazy.
    your not alone.
    maybe you need a second opinion.
    i feel for your pain.
    they must fix you. i cant believe they have left you like this. you have probably tried everything non surgical. i have heard vit d and heaps of water for discs can help because it helps to maintain disc hight, the disc being the last thing to be filled with water. the anti inflammatory diet thing, ie. no starchy carbs. at least you dont have to move too much to do those things. if you are able, floating in a pool with the help of hydrotherapist.
    i have read posts where US people with multiple pain condts, have gone to university hps, and got probono stuff.
    tns machine.
    i found gentle vibration shook loose my poor nerves, that were a being a little squished. also high strength fish oil, (not gulcosmine) used to help me in the middle of the day, when the pain killers were all used up and i wanted to save the rest for the night.

i hope you feel less pain soon.
    doc can be horrible \. i wish you well
  • Hey there...sorry you aren't feeling well.
    At first when you said foot pain, I thought of Plantar's fasciitis which will create really bad heel pain. But then when you said it was going up your legs, I was wondering if you were getting shin splints.

Then I read that you've had some surgery. I don't think you are crazy. I think you need to see another doctor. It could be related to your back, to stress, or could even be something like Fibromyaliga which is tough to diagnose.

If you don't feel well, you don't feel well.
  • Thanks for responses. I have been dealing for more than 3 years. I am 37 and most doctors think that is a young age. I just know the days of me being a good homemaker,mom and wife have been put on hold for a while. Thank God for my husband and parents. Hopefully I will get some answers tomorrow.It is hard to describe the hurt when you know you may get the run around.This site is a wealth of information and it is nice to know we are not alone:)
  • Hi

Me too suffer from that back pain and I think it is only a minor than what you experienced right now.
This discussion has been closed.