Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Depression and anxiety

sue in ohiossue in ohio Posts: 57
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Depression and Coping
As my pain levels increased the past few months, so did my depression and anxiety attacks. I am seeing my psychologist weekly, but still having a lot of problems. I think the time has come to swallow my pride and try medication. I always thought that since I have strong faith I should be able to handle this, but I can't. The cataract surgery pushed me over the edge even though it is minor surgery.

Based on the reviews at rxlist.com I am going to ask for Celexa to try as it is one for depression and anxiety and there were no negative reviews of it out of the 4 pages written. It is also on the $4 list at Giant Eagle which makes me happy. Has anyone tried this one?

sue in ohio

• sue, sometimes it does take a medication to make up for the loss of seratonin, or whatever the case may be, that our brain is supposed to produce. I'm sorry to hear you've had such a hard time with everything, sometimes it is all just too much.

I was on Celexa for quite a while, but changed to it's "sister" drug Cipralex, as I didn't find Celexa to be doing quite the trick for my severe anxiety. But, that's just me. The only side effect I got from either was just dry-mouth, which you'll probably find with most meds we take anyways. I'm now on Cymbalta, which is also supposed to be good for pain as well.

I hope that you're able to get the extra little help that you need, and that you are able to enjoy your holidays.
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • I've been on Lexapro for years--thank God for this medication. It's a newer cousin to Celexa. I think your doctor is the best judge of which AD is right for you.

Also, be aware that it can take some time for your brain chemistry to get balanced out by the new drug. And you may have to try more than one to get the right balance & correct dosage. Please don't be discouraged if you don't get relief immediately.