Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tomorrow is the day

dschmidt56297ddschmidt56297 Posts: 32
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Tomorrow is the day of my 3 level ACDF surgery. We have to leave tonight because of the weather. I'm sure it will be awhile before I post. Thanks to everyone who has wished me well. @)

• Diane! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.Pretty soon you will be on the other side and recovering from this. Be carefull out there in the bad weather. Try to relax and know that you are on your way to a healing 2011.
    Please update us when you are able.
    gentle >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • I just posted in your other thread to make sure you're ready for tomorrow.

I also want you to know that I'm thinking of you and am anxious to read your first post-op post. You're going to do fine and it'll be over before you know it.

We'll be here waiting for you when you're ready to post and let us know how you are.

Take care in the bad weather, keep yourself busy today, and we'll talk to you on the other side. And eat something really, really yummy.

• I agree with Cathie....eat something really, really yummy before the midnight hour.
    Bundle up so you will be warm and cozy on the way to Hospital. Take care of you.
    WE will see you when you are up to it.

Very best to you.
    Patsy W

• Just to let you know that I am thinking of you.
    Hope that all goes smoothly and that when you wake up you will be comfortable and will feel the improvement.

Looking forward to hearing from you once you are able to post again. :-)
  • Well, the day is here and you're either in surgery now or in recovery. Now, wasn't that easy? Just kidding.

I'm thinking of you today and hope you're able to go home tomorrow. Many who have an ACDF stay only one day in the hospital, so I'm hoping for that for you as well.

I also hope to hear that a lot of your symptoms were gone when you woke up post-op. That's a great feeling.

So, just wanted to post and let you know I'm thinking of you and hoping all is going well and as planned.

• gentle hugs diane,
    i'm sure you did great and just go slow with everything...
    even when the pain meds help mask the pain...i postie noted my house so i wouldnt bend or reach..
    i wish you the best in your recovery..
    and soon as u are able to post..we are all here for you to help you thru a long road ....but better road for you..its all behind you now..
    wish you speedy recovery
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • Just checking in today, to let you know that you are in my thoughts. Hopefully by now you are in recovery and your pre surgery pain symptoms are gone, and that your post op are under control. Rest rest rest.All the best.
    gentle >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Good luck! I have ACDF on 2 levels on Thursday! My first!
  • dschmidt,

hope your doing well. give us an update when you feel better.