Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Follow-up after Bone Stimulator Removal

Mindymork62MMindymork62 Posts: 207
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi Everyone,
I had a double fusion June 29, 2010, and had a bone stimulator implanted. I was having allot of problems with pain from the stimulator, so my surgeon removed it December 14th. Everything was normal after the removal, except that about 3 days later a huge lump appeared right around the incision area. Went to my surgeon yesterday to have him look at it, and he's not sure what it is. It's gotten a little bigger (over the size of a half dollar) and it's very painful, especially when I lay back against it or try to lay on my back (which I gave up trying to do). It also "burns" so bad when I accidentally sit for a period of time that I'm in tears just trying to get up. There is no drainage, so my Dr. doesn't think infection. He wants to keep an eye on it, and see me back in 2 weeks. Anyone have an idea what may be causing this? Along with my regular back pain from my fusion I'm getting very discouraged.

• I was just wondering if anyone had an idea as to what I can do for this swollen area, or as to what might be causing it? Thanks
  • I don't know what may be causing it, but if you don't mind me asking, how did your fusion work out? You're doc should have the best advice about your back, and I won't even speculate to what the swelling may be from. Like so much of this back pain, time will tell if it will go down and feel better. I hope you feel better soon.

• Thanks for answering. The pain I'm currently having is from where my neurosurgeon removed the bone stimulator a couple of weeks ago. As far as the fusion back in June I still have pain, controlled by pain meds and Neurontin. My surgeon isn't sure what the knot in the back is from, but he's going to keep an eye on it.
  • Hey- I was wondering if the swelling and pain has gotten better yet.

Hope you're feeling better.