Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A New Year, a time for new hopes and dreams

Cath111CCath111 Posts: 3,702
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Matters of the Heart
I personally am hoping - no, make that insisting - that 2011 is the start of a great, new year and will be able to look back on it and smile and be happy.

They say that problems come in threes, right? Well, my spine problems began in May 2008 and I had a 3-lvl ACDF in Oct. 2008, in 2009 I got laid off from my favorite job of all time and started having lumbar problems, then my soul mate doggy passed away (my avitar, Merc), but we were blessed to get Wally, my Corgi. Then by the end of 2009, I had tried all conservative measures for my lumbar spine and had to schedule surgery. So, 2010 began with a 1-lvl TLIF at L4/5 early January, lots of months of recovery as we all know, but was golfing (a little, but enough) by June. Then started looking for a job, got my hopes up too many times only to be sunk like the Titanic.

So now, 2011: My niece is coming to visit next week from Ireland, who I haven't seen in 7 years, I believe she's going to bring me the 'Luck 'O the Irish' and get my year started off with a bit of luck. Then, I'll work hard looking for work and will find something I not only can do, but will love, and by December, looking back, I'll be able to say that 2011 was our comeback year.

It's been a long, tough three years for me and my hubby, but with the new year new hopes and dreams start to bloom and I will water, feed and nurture them until they come true. That's my story and I'm sticking with it!

Wishing you all a better year to come and may your dreams and wishes come to life, at least the most important parts of them. We may not be pain-free, but we can make a better life for ourselves and for me, 2011 will be that year.

Cheers to all my fellow spineys - *Clink*

• I agree with the 'here's to a better one than the last'

Last New Year's Eve I was wondering if this would be the year that I would need to have spinal fusion surgery. It was!! :<

But now I am feeling much improved since then. I still have problems but have much of my life, that I was losing, back again. :-)

2011 is going to be a good year, and I am going to make the most of it regardless of what it brings!!

Happy New Year to all >:D<
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    hi Cath,
    As 2009 progressed, so did I coming off surgeries prior years that took wind out of my sails so to speak. This summer I turned it around then a another surgery this fall stalled me out for a few months. The last few months I have regained my momentum and I'm storming into 2011 like never before working on being a better person overall mentally and physically. I know there will be more hurdles coming up sooner than I'd like. Now I feel better prepared than ever before just from experience and the wealth of support I have around me.
    Wishing everyone the best, take care, and be safe.
  • Cathie, that's so wonderful that your niece is coming to visit you!! I do hope that she brings you luck!! As for me, I hope like I've never hoped before, that my medical release will FINALLY come through, and my hubby and I get to move back to Whitehorse, with as little resistance as possible from my family (we'll be moving to the other side of the country). However, like Jellyhall was last New Year's Eve, the visions of possible fusion dance in my head this holiday. So who knows how the year will turn out, but I'll be trying my hardest to remain positive and go with the flow!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own