Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical C4-5-6 - A good night sleep after 2 months

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Pain Management
After 2 months with arm and back shoulder pains and nigths w\o sleep I found a way to sleep well. (side position).

1. Lay my body from armpit to feet on a mattress.
2. Leave my shoulder and arm literally free in a narrow valley. (valley deep enough not to touch the groung in a way to produce a force back to the body and spine and at the same time lay confortably on the ground).
3. Lay my head on 2 pillows (one harder bellow and one softer above) approximatelly 4 inches higher than the mattress.

Pillow and mattress are appart of each other only enough to leave space for my shoulder.

It worked for me. I seems that my cervical stays horizontally aligned and does not receive any side force coming from my shoulder.

I will try again tonight and let you know. Hopefully well again.

Good night!

• FIrst let me welcome you. I see that you are a new member.

You will find a lot of good information here besides these forums. Look around and I am sure you will find some information that may help you.

So happy to hear you found a way to sleep. Chronic pain keep so many of us awake.

I can't sleep on either side because of pain so I have to sleep on my back with my legs elevated. My bed is a lumpy mess but who cares as long as we are getting are all important sleep.

Keep us posted.

Cheers :H and welcome abord.
    Patsy W
  • :H Thank you for welcome me and for your nice words of incentive.
    Nice to here you found a way to overcome pain!

Life is good indeed!

• Freshman- have you tried memory foam yet? After my first surgery I had a 2" mattress toper. When I moved back upstairs into my room I got a 4" mattress topper. It has been very important. One night I had to take it off bc I spilt a bottle of water on it and I tried to sleep with out it.... It was terrible. The regular mattress felt like I was laying on concrete.

I also sleep with my feet elevated. Pillows in a nest around my body. It doesn't matter how I try to sleep now, my arms still go numb every night. For my neck pain- I usually have 2 pillows pushed together and my head/neck goes in the crease so I don't have any pressure on my neck, but my head is stable.

Plus the Ambien- added that this summer and I have to say it sure is nice sleeping in bed rather than being awake and suffering.

Sleep well my friends :)