Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Australia Flood Catrastophe

flowerfflower Posts: 460
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Water Cooler
Three-quarters of the state of Queensland has been declared a disaster zone, giving police and emergency workers the authority to force evacuations

Premier Anna Bligh has warned the death toll could double with flood levels expected to go beyond the 5.45m that hit the city during the 1974 disaster, making it the worst flood in 118 years

This is a truley devasting diasaster, i hope no more lives are lost

• I agree with you But the weather is crazy all over the world.

• It is a truly devastating situation and I hope that things settle down soon so everyone can pick up the pieces of their lives and move forward once again.

• some time to re-build, clean up and fix the infrastructure, its the enormity of the vast area that has been affected

estimates are around 10-15 billion dollars,to rebuild, clean up and the loss to the economy

my thoughts are with those that have lost family and friends and pets

• are you from oz flower? :)

i agree terrible disaster freaky as with all the black hawks, but it was strange cause you could smell the river coming up, but not see it. sorry to every one who had to wash their stuff. makes you feel a bit useless, with back stuff cause its all wet and heavy. to those at the bottom of the range my heart goes out to them.
  • Sorry to hear about your country being flooded. I read about one town and the sudden flash flood that took many lives including 5 children in one family. It truly is a disaster and hope you're not in the midst of flooding. I hope the rains stop. TC Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,849
    The disasters that strike.

I do hope that the government helps the people of Australia out so that they can regain some of the possessions they lost and ease with any lives that were lost.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • yes there are some truely sad losses of life, i am thankfully not in those areas.

thankyou for your concern
    take care
  • is very sad, it could have been worse, like in brazil.

however, the financial loss is huge, immeadiate govt payments are being given to flood victims, and a donate cash flood fund been establised.

the PM has said financial nationwide cutbacks will be made and maybee also a tax levy imposed

the floods have effected not only towns and buildings but also the rural primary industies, coal, cotton, veges, friut, cattle and many more industies, the
    cost will be huge to restore all of this

its the large area that the floods impacted on

time and money
    and all the volunteers, army, ses, police, firefighters to name some will help to rebuild the state

my condolences to those who lost family, friends and pets