Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just set the date

maryelleninnjmmaryelleninnj Posts: 101
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
My laminectomy and fusion (L4/L5 and L3/L4) to be performed on March 15. After the pain I've been having, I'm really looking forward to it.

• WE will be here praying for you and wishing you all the luck to be pain free

• I wanted to wish you all the best for your surgery. It's great that you have a date now and can plan accordingly. I hope that it helps you and brings you pain relief. Please keep us posted.
    >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • I can't believe it's almost time for my surgery. This month has been a whirlwind of appointments, preparations, and listmaking! I am so grateful to the members on this site, who give support to people like me.
  • I hope all goes well for you and that you have a good result and recovery Mary Ellen!
  • Wanted to wish you good luck, and keep us posted. I have had it done, and know how important people on here are, as to keeping your spirits up!
  • The preparations for this surgery are unbelieveable. Thought I'd be done with appointments after my preadmission testing. Noooooo. They wanted me to see the hematologist to decide on blood thinners. Then of course, even more labs to be done. Already donated a unit of blood for myself. That was before I realized that the iron supplement they made me take was totally messing up my insides! Stopped the iron and decided not to donate the other two units I had appointments for. Then they call for appointments to fit me for the brace, and then one to fit me for the bone stimulator. I have one more lab appointment, then I'm done! Thanks for letting me vent. This has just taken so much time, and I've had to miss work for appointments. But I know it will be worth it in the end.
  • Surgery day is getting close for you..best of luck! Your brace might seem like a pain at first, but you will eventually like it..I did.

• Hi Maryellen,

Just wanted to wish you best of luck on your upcoming surgery. Be sure to post a update as soon as you can. Do everything you can now so your return home is much easier, better to be over prepared than under. Good luck and good healing, sending positive vibes your way.
  • Maryellen. It is getting close now!Just want to echo what TamTam said about getting everything ready beforehand. It seems like a lot but will make things that much easier when you come home. Also try to treat yourself a day or two before and do something special for "you".
    I hope to find out a date on Monday for my fusion.
    Please keep us updated, before and after, when you are able.
    >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Got my brace and my bone growth stimulator, and everything else is pretty much ready. Surgery is on Tuesday morning. Not crazy about the brace, but gonna have to go with it. I'm really anxious for this surgery to be over with. It's going to be very busy tomorrow, on my last work day before surgery. Wish me luck!
  • Don't forget to bring your trash bag to sit on in the car for the ride home. I even used mine everytime I rode in the car. It really helps to get in and out. Small thing to remember but it was worth it. Another big thing for me was to have everything at a level you can reach for it easily when you get home, and of course the "grabber". That saved me alot of pain when something was on the floor.