Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

put another patch on and give time or give up

starsinhereyessstarsinhereyes Posts: 583
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Pain Medications
hi all spineys,
I was give fentyln patches 50/mcg before the holidays i was worried about side effects so i waited till after holidays over...
I put first patch on 3days ago at noon....my legs the next am really did feel good but i say not from the patch perhaps due to many prayers i've been saying...
Today would be 3rd day as the script says to change the patch today...not sure if i should do so or just forget them cause i was in soooo very much pain last few days...
I couldn't sleep for almost 2 days straight called my docs office...rn called back said ok to take ativan and norco...i took just half norco..cause pharmacist had said not to take anything else with the patch cause its so powerful of a drup...
My neuro says everyones different so take the norco gingerly with the patch till kicks in...
I'm asking all of you what would you all do...
i'm typing n crying my feet are numb and legs are in so much pain can't walk without help...
so please my spiney friends let me know what you all would do if this was you...
change the patch today or just go back to norco's and ativans...
ty all
may you have painfree days
neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
daily goal do good thing for someone.

• It takes a little while for it to build up in your system. I would keep trying it, and call your Dr and let them know how it is going. How often do you change them? It is possible that you might need to go 48 hours instead of 72, BUT only your Dr can give that change. Try and if you are still having trouble, call them. I have been up to 125, and I know that they have worked very well for me. Good Luck!
  • Mary,

I agree you should go ahead change the patch now and see what happens. If you get some relief but it only last a day then you can call your doctor and let them know that it is not strong enough or what is exactly happening. But I think your going to need more than the one patch to get a accurate use of the medications. Hope you feel better soon, let us know what happens.
  • thanks and yes i did call docs cause i didnt want to take to much norco but rn said can take up to a wk and ok to take my reg dose of norco and ativan...
    but i'm still leary...
    but sure not gonna suffer so ty so nice of you to respond...i'm just a big chicken when comes to new stuff...after last yr going thru all those diff meds..and getting so sick..

thanks again
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • It took me to my 3rd patch to really notice a difference in my pain levels. Hope yours helps soon :)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.