Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

spammers and why I should not think evil thoughts

Centurion45CCenturion45 Posts: 648
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Matters of the Heart
This morning, I dropped into the site, guess what, been hit by a nice little spammer, who has nothing better to do, that join the site and spam away.

I came here to catch up on people, to have a moment, before I start my day, to read a bit on the latest that has occurred.

Guess that is a waste of time, as I have to sift through some jerks shoe advertisement. On a metaphoric level, I would enjoy leveling a flak cannon, on this spam and whip it from the board, but I suspect that the actual clean-up will take more than a few minutes.

So while I sit here, and enjoy my coffee for a minute, lets recall that that some @%%@(**&& has nothing better to do than visit!

Trust me, if I could direct electrons, I would focus 10 to the 6th power of volts, at your IP, I would gladly fry your modem and all the switching gear in your place.

Cheers - see yah! C458

EDIT or DELETE as you wish! Not amused, and I know you all are not either!

• im not amused either, very annoying

there was another one a few weeks back, did the same thing

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    Why would anyone want to spend even a little time to create havoc on a web site?
    This emily003 blasted our site with a bunch of nonsense solicitation in so many posts.

Its easy to block that person from trying this again.

The clean up is a longer process as your identified.

I am in the process of riding those posts.

Dont those spammer folks have any better to do? Do they get pleasure out doing those stupid and annoying things?

I was able to track down the IP to someone located in China.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Let me just remind the members that if you see the now infamous "anonymous" as the last post in a thread on the right hand side and it shows that there's more than one new post, there's probably a real post before the spammer (that's now named anonymous), so please don't forget to check out that post. The OP is still looking for feedback or answers.

Many of the threads this spammer posted to were old, but for the new or newer ones, please make sure that the new posts before the spammer hit are read as a service to the OP.

PS I'm with Centurian on sending a gazillion volts of electricity to the IP of the spammer to fry all their equipment.
  • for cleaning up that crap so fast. You guys really do stay on top of it. I don't miss being a spam chaser at all... LOL

Someone in China is getting paid to do this just to generate more hits to someones websites. Even if only for a few hours it gets the search engines busy and so on.

I'm with Centurion. An Electron IP Blaster would be a cool product. IP Blaster = $$$$. Knowing some scumbag spammers computer just went up in a blaze, priceless !!! :-)
  • I so agree!!! When I came on, and saw on old thread that I recognized, thought cool, maybe the OP has written an update or something. I was confused by the anonymous thing, but after checking the first post was totally annoyed that it was a spammer that the team had already deleted. Thank you!!! Boy, this was a doozy though!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Most times when I come out of chat, I have a look in the forums to see if anything new is there. What did I see? 4 (74 posts total) pages of 'emily003' and her crap! When I see a zillion posts seconds apart, it's pretty easy to figure what happened.

It just bites that it bumps all the recent posts down, and it takes a while to re-sort out those threads of interest. Sigh.... Good job ridding us of her garbage mods. :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Plus to make matters worse - there is software to help them post spam really quick - so they don't even have to type it out.

China IP are very very hard if not impossible to track down :(

In my opinion as a person who works online for her living a lot of spam is due to other websites that TELL people to come to forums and post their link and such and they claim that Goggle will "rank" them better. TOTALLY FALSE Information. However a lot of people believe it :(

and then I am sure there are just some jerks out there who do it because.... (shrug)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.