Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Restless ARM Syndrome???

NumbskullNNumbskull Posts: 1,526
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Chronic Pain
I do have restless leg syndrome, and it is sooo annoying. However, lately, I've been experiencing the same sort of thing in my left arm, since the symptoms have increased a couple of months ago on the left side of my neck.

has anyone else experienced RLS type symptoms in your arms? I feel like I just want to chew it off, like coyote arm, lol.
APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own

• Too funny I have RLS. It doesnt happen very often thankfully. However A week, or so ago I woke up at 11:30 out of a sound sleep. My right arm was rearing to go. I, as well as you wanted to chew it off. Drove my boyfriend nuts. There was nothing I could do to get it to stop. Hopefully someone out there will have an answer for us.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,837
    The one medication that help it was Requip. Stopped all RLS incidents. However, I started to get a reaction to Requip. My whole body broke out in a real itchy rash. So I no longer use Requip.

I have also had many nights with RAS (Restless Arm Syndrome for lack of a abbreviation) That though we've associate with my shoulder problems and honestly since my first shoulder replacement last April, I havent had any RAS incidents. When I did, it would wake me up and I had to get out of bed and just shake my arms until it stopped.

Neuron tin has helped, but not always . My doctor friend told me as a OTC substitute, Quinine works.

That got me thinking....
    Quinine - hmmm, besides pill format how can I get that? Tonic! Yes, Tonic has Quinine. What can I do with Tonic ? Ahh, Yes Vodka and Tonic!
    So now I finally have a medical reason to drink Vodka and Tonics!

Seriously, Restless Anything syndrome can get very annoying
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
This discussion has been closed.