Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spinal Decompression

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hey guys,

I have a mild bugling disc in my C6-C7 region, my chiro is recommending that I try spinal decompression in his office, says he has good results with it. I've found a lot of positive results on the procedure on the web, but was wondering if anyone on this board has tried it?

• But, there are a lot of chiros here pushing it hard as well. I went to one office, looking for a simple, old fashioned adjustment & got the full sales pitch, complete with video.

I felt like they were trying to sell me a time share. Definitely a huge turn off. I walked out.

I don't think chiro is right for me now due to DDD, but I am curious about this decompression stuff. Looks like they make piles of money on it.
  • Hello John:
    Im not sure if it same thing, I had IDD therapy a few years ago on neck. It relieved the headaches, but the procedure itself was quite uncomfortable, Feels like they are trying to tear the head off with slow and steady pressure. Im not sure if it worked or not as I also have DJD and injury. Good luck to you.
  • My symptoms with cervical started in Oct 2010. 2 months aproximatelly with pain on arm, back and shoulder. C4-5-6 discs protruded.

I found some interesting and stimulating researches and contacted a therapist who uses this technique.
    Some other researches say that technique results are controversial (no possible to conclude that really works).
    I consulted a neurologist to find his opinion about eventual risks, before submitting my neck to it.
    Left material for his analysis and wait for his answer.

Find bellow the link to the research.

and to another saying that traction is more effective if 10% of body weight.

If you decide to go ahead (with your doctor participating on this decision) please let me know.

To know opinions about you have this link too:

(look at page 2 spinal decompression).

All the best
  • I have just learned the obvious but I think important to share.
    Each case is different and what is good for one can bring harm to another.
    In my particular case, I was excited with the idea of cervical traction due to a research I read.
    Talking to the NS, he showed me the high risks involved and I am forbidden by him to take this direction.
    As I was advised by colleagues in this forum, talk to your doctor, only he-she can say if this alternative treatment can be applied to your case..