Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

work advice/ideas

heckhheck Posts: 17
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Good News
so i am finally much better.

but i wonder what kind of work to go back to.
my physio wants me to get a sitting down type, job though she cheerfully acknowledges that this may send me back to her.

i am dyslexic, and have the short term memory of a fly, so and office job is a nightmare, to me. one i guess i may have to face, but i wonder

what do you guys do?

any occupations suggestions?

grade 1 spondy, facet joint damage, mild scoliosis. low muscle tone

• Welcome to SH. I know how you feel. Although I am still waiting for my surgery, I am already looking ahead to the future. I am in nursing so am thinking that I will probably have to rethink that. It's a tough decision, most jobs you either stand walk lift alot, or on the other side, sit sit sit. All of which is not great for us spineys. Wishing you all the best with your decision.
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Hello Heck,

Anything that works for you and that memory concept made me smile as we all have those issues and the thing to be is honest and as much as we want to hide our foibles finding work that is appropriate to our specific needs is challenging.

I did some voluntary work as just coping thought the day is difficult as our energy wanes and committing to work requires us to manage our pain more effectively. I was out of work for a long time and used that time to develop those skills to return, any work is better than staying at home if possible and only through trial and error will you find what is most suitable and what will and will not work just for you.

Take care and good luck in your quest, look to the thing you can do and take your time for each learning and physical improvement. Changing jobs is sometimes difficult and needs proactive planning, much experience is here from those who have done this and are will to help encourage and support you in the noble quest.

Good luck.