Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Desperate in Montana

AmyAAmy Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Health Insurance Issues
I have SSI and my insurance :sick: is medicaid. It is worthless, literally.

I had a plate and screws put in my neck in "95". Then because of a nasty fall in "04" I have been having progressively worse pain. More then ever since may of "10". To the point of being afraid to even turn my head for fear it will make me hurt more. But no doctors will request one of 2 tests I want down. Because I have medicaid.

I do not want pain pills if I don't have to, shots or any other things to hide the symptoms. I want something done to find out what the cause is. And if anything at all can help me.

Does anyone know of any insurance company that will not only take into account that I am on disability with limited funds. I just an decent insurance so that the doctors will order something other then xrays. like DMX or MRI. I just want one of these done to see if there is anything that can even be done for me.

I will not waist there time with a million appointments that will not get to a cause in short order. It hurts to much to ride in a vehicle. It is getting hard to even do anything around the house. I think I did some real damage with that fall and the couple this winter on the ice is only making it worse.

Any assistance in directing me a good/cheap insurance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

I could really use an O:) O:-) about now.

• How Desperate?

For the last 11 yrs My landlord has been putting my neck back in to place, sometimes 3 or 4 times a weeks. You may say well thats cool free medical help. Yes it is very nice. I actually believe it is an absolute God send.

But see my problem is that without him I probably wouldn't be alive today with the pain that I am in daily without him. He is over 70 years old and losing the feeling in his finger tips. He won't around forever.

I can not live with the pain I will have when he is gone. The pain sits me in the middle of the floor crying.

I am desperate! ~X(
  • What about University training hospitals? One of our members had a diagnosis and surgery with one of those hospitals. I also heard there are free MRI clinics also in the States. I don't live there so very limited about where to find help. I thought if your Dr. orders an MRI that it's covered by Medicaid? I hope you can get some help soon. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    Insurance will impose a pre-existing exclusion which will not cover your current medical issues. There are some states with pools for the unisurable, but if you have medicaid you are insured. A policy with comprehensive coverage would run in the area of $200-$4000/mo
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • Thank You SpineAZ

An insurance such as medicaid is absolutely worthless for anything of real importance. If you had medicaid you would understand just how worthless it is.

The doctors would rather make the tax payers pay for hundreds of appointments that will do me absolutely no good. Stuff pills in me and other um stuff to hide the symptoms. I do not want the taxpayers to have to continue to pay for waisted appts. Is that right? NO it is not.

I make whole 674 a month. I have been looking at many plans. If I want a good insurance I will have to stop eating and won't be able to heat my home in the winter.

one of 2 tests will not only show what is going on but will also allow them to tell me if anything can be done for me. and cut it down to limited appointments. and NO waist!

I'm sorry. I'm thinking I would get better care in another country. Nope can't afford to move...
  • Hello Charry,

Thank you for your response. I have looked and no training hospitals in Montana. and only 4 MRI clnics in the state. And it hurts to much to take such log trips for nothing. II can't seem to convince th doctors that something like these 2 tests needs to be done. and the going to the city for appointments if nothing is going to be done is just to painful to keep up with appointments once or twice a month.

Thank you. I will continue to look.

Just called a MRI clinic. They can not do anything with out a doctors order. If you know of any medical training hospitals I would get interested, and at least check them out. PM me if you like......

Thank you