Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New and Looking for support group after TLIF

celenamitchellccelenamitchell Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
:H Help ! Hi, I am new to spinal health. I am in need of a support group. I am 8 weeks post op TLIF L5 S1.

• I am 6 weeks post op PLIF L5-S1 - is that close enough?
  • I feel very alone. I have a wonderful family and support that way but I dont have any comparisons as to how I am actually doing. I am 41 and female. I am fighting depression and my botton hurts soooooooo bad. I wonder if I am doing too much or not enough. I have never been on a forum of any kind so I am not sure of exactly what I am doing.
    Thanks for listening
  • I am pretty new myself but if you go to the Forums Home on the left you will see all the categories and by clicking on any one of them you will see the various topics. There is one about Coping that you might find really helpful and the New Member one has alot of good info on how to navigate. The blue search bar at the top of the page is great - you can type in a word and it will bring up all the posts relating to that.

I know that I have gotten alot of help reading other people's posts about where they are at a given point and over and over I hear the word PATIENCE - something I am learning quickly is the key to recovering - it is going to be a LONG process and no matter how much I want to - it isn't going to hurry for me!

Hang in there - I know I am much better today than last week and hopefully a little worse today than I will be next week!
  • i had alif lumbar fusion done 1 -4 -11 doctor lorio went through my stomach.i was hurting real bad in my left leg and feet and lower back.i just stayed 24 hours and i came home,by the time 9 clock came i was wishing i stayed,the doc said it was up to me if i wanted to come home so i said yes,,im doing fine 1 day then hurt like crazy the next,and it does seem like alot does have depression,with have trouble out your back,so i can relate to what you going through i stay down in the dumps my self.mostly about can i work again,and the doctor get on to me for taking 5-6 percocets a day when only 4 is all they want me to take,because they can cut me out ,then what would person do, lot worries i understandjust pray and hang in there .but your not alone ide say most every 1 here has same problem's if they would admit it,,tc and do just what the doc says to do.ray in bristol tn