Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Here

trishawttrishaw Posts: 6
My name is Trisha. I guess this all started a few months ago, the really bad pain. Before then it just use to be a "Hit" moving a certain way and would get stuck for second or so. And would only happen like once every few months. When I had my five year old my epidural hit a nerve. I feel that pain alot now and have a bad burning pain in my back my butt and i feel weak lately when getting up from sitting in a chair. Like if i have aged ten years in just this one. At night is horrible no matter what way i lay. As i sit here i am burning in my middle low back. At one point before christmas i could barely get out of car and walk up driveway (inclined). I remember getting a pain straight to my foot one time as i drove. For some reason driving just dont geel good on my back. Wondering if there is anything to put in my seat for this. If you ask why i havent been to dr its cause i have no health insurance. And im gettinh desperate here.. Tired of this pain. My grandmother had chronic sciatica. Is it hereditary? Im 35 with four children. Good health I think. RA is a maybe.. Ive always had weak joints. My dad has RA. But thats been my whole life that i have always had some sort of ache in joints.

• Hello Trisha, and sorry to hear about your problems. I get the same pains as you do but also into my calf and foot. Sciatica isn't hereditary, but spinal problems can be. I felt the same pains as you until finally I had no choice but to see a dr. I had a ruptured disc at the L5-S1 level that was pressing on the nerve causing me constant agony. Before it was constant it just hit me like yours sometimes when I bent or did something wrong. Anyway I'm not a dr. but im sure your pain is coming from the S1 disc. The pain people feel is generally the same and although I had a ruptured disc, you might not. If the disc is simply buldging you have a chance to make your pain go away. They do epidural injections that help many people. Also you could get muscle relaxers or nerve medicines that would help you, or simply work on building your core muscles that help support your back cold also help you. Bottom line there is a problem and you need to address it before it progresses into something much more serious, that may require surgery to fix. I had the surgery and the scar tissue is now causing my problems, and there isn't much I can do to ease the pain. Anyway you do have a choice here and you need to take care of your back bofore you have no control of it. You need to get a MRI and see a spine dr. I understand you don't have insurance but you need to find a way before it truly destroys your life. Also I tuck a small pillow behind my back when driving and it seems to help me with the pain. Also try not to drive over a half hour without getting out of your vehicle and stretching, it should also help you. Take care of yourself and if your not already look into some core strenthing exercises to do at home because those muscles support your spine, and you will feel much better if you can build a core for yourself. Look forward to hearing from you again.
  • Thanks for the reply. Im hoping if i get money back from income tax i can get some answers. I watched a few of the videos on here and put some reality to it all and what it could be. Scarey. Its crazy how sometimes i feel if im not gonna make it out of the car sometimes. Just dont seem to have the strength anymore picking up things off the ground or getting out of chair. Im really glad i found this site. If that little pillow helps you im gonna try that. Is it a soft pillow or hard one? Do you do the ball under your buttock? Or any yoga?