Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ljsunshine_elljsunshine_e Posts: 52
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Chronic Pain
I feel so confused I went to Neurologist again today and he is going to send me to a Pain Management clinic so I might get some pain relief soon. Just upset that neurologist lost my mri, and couldn't answer any of my questions. So just cant help but wonder what is going on. I actually started crying after my appointment. I just couldn't hold it in anymore. I am so sick of being in pain and having little to no information.

• Hey there, I don't know your entire story but if the Neurologist lost your MRI, you should be able to either get a copy of it from the place that did the MRI OR you should call insurance to tell them what happened b/c that's a medical record! You are entitled to have that or a replacement MRI.

Also, did you see a neurologist or a neurosurgeon?
  • Lost you MRI? Hmmm. These days almost all hospitals use computers (CDs) and will have your MRI on file in the system, but.. I understand why you are upset that your Neurologist *lost* his copy, didn't bother going out of his way to obtain another one, is not being active on your case at all, and not even answering your questions. It sounds to me as if he does not want to treat you and is why he is sending you off to PM, but that is only my take on the situation and from the little information I gather in reading your post.

Sending you to PM instead of treating, or referring you to another Dr or surgeon, what possible questions or thoughts lead him to this decision I wonder.
  • Welcome to Spine Health Sunshine >:D<

I just collected all of my medical records for my future attorney. It was a pain in the butt but can be done.

First thing I would do is call the place that you had the mri done. They may be able to fax or email you the release form to help speed things up.

At any rate get the form signed and delivered. Some places will be able to get your information immediately, some places my need a few days. I would collect any and all data related to your spine injury (keep in a folder or binder).

Take all of your records to your PM & keep a set for yourself (or have them scan & copy your records).
    He/She will probably like to go over all of your x-rays and mris. Each time I have a new test I take my results to my NS and my PM. I am now keeping copies of everything.

Hang in there, it will get better :)

• He is a Neurologist , he said his main job was to make sure I did not have nerve damage. Good thing is I don't. I have no idea why I am in pain, he said take some Aleve, I told him I have been. So he pops off with well I don't do narcotics. Took all I could do to keep from telling him I didn't ask you for any. I was asking him about physical therapy, or some other way to help ease the pain. All I know is PM will help with pain and I am having a new MRI done soon. I do not like doctors side stepping my questions. I want to be able to understand everything that is going on. Right now I have been told that I have spondylolthesis and I have known about the scoliosis for years it is just getting worse. Getting tired of being able to do nothing but lie in bed. Okay now I just ranting, sorry.
  • Hi sunshine;

Sorry that you had to deal with that. I was thinking exactly what robin wrote. You can always get a second opinion. There are doctors out there, who just don't want to deal with patients, either because they don't have the answers, or actually have nothing to help you. It takes time sometimes, but the right doctor is out there for you. Good luck at the PM, I hope that they can help ease your pain. In the meantime, look for another neurologist, or even neurosurgeon or ortho who specializes in spines. What does your pcp say?
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • My PCP originally sent me to a neurosurgeon who told me I have spondylolthesis, and I might need surgery I went to PT and did the injections but I failed to stop smoking so he refuses to see me. Went back to my PCP he sent me to a neurologist.(the one that is sending me to PM) I am still working on the smoking (i know I have to stop)I think this will be easier as I learn how to better manage my pain. When I get my newest MRI I think I will be better informed. Just so sick of the waiting game.
  • What about trying Champix or Chantix, I think they're both the same. I know a few people who quit using Champix, said it worked really well. It's so true, there's not many surgeons who will do a fusion on people who smoke. Just shooting straight here, your wait will be much shorter if you quit, and in fact, the wait could have been over for you already. Trust me, I know how you feel, I'm a smoker too, and if my surgeon tells me that I need the fusion, I'll be tossing my pack in the garbage can under his desk as soon as the words come out of his mouth. There's nothing I will do to ruin my chances for less pain!!! (and yes, I know all you non or ex-smokers are going to say why not quit now....) :P
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • I don't think I can take chantix im on anti depressants. I think I am gonna have to cold turkey it. I will just have to keep coming here for reminders that a smoke is not worth losing another chance at being in less pain.
  • You should see an orthopedist? If the problem isn't neurological, you sound as though you do have structural issues. When I was sent to a PM, all they had to say was that they could install a spinal cord stimulator. No thanks. No meds, no compassion, just let me stick this pacemaker-like device in your butt. No we can help straighten out your spondy and your scoliosis and try to shore up the areas where you have DDD. Just an electric gadget in my butt. NO, NO, and NO again. I'm glad I went to an orthopedic surgeon. Not for everyone, but you might give it some thought.

Oh - and by the way. Each time I went for an xray or MRI, I asked at the desk and left with a copy on CD. I never trust any big institution to keep track of my records. I like to have them in my own little paws for reassurance.
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • oh my that sounds awful not sure I could put up with that I will look for a orthopedic surgeon mainly cause I am developing a hump on my right shoulder.
This discussion has been closed.