Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Life and Activities after pain pump implant . What can you do after recovering from having a pain p

blindsciencebblindscience Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Could I get some feedback from members about what activities they have been able to do or rejoin after they have had a pain pump implanted. I was into cycling, mountain biking, trail riding in our Polaris Rzr, snowmobiling, and skiing. I would like to here what people have been able to do or what problems have been encountered with certain activities. I am sure that there are plenty of horror stories. I would like this post to focus on the positive, but also share activities that have definitely caused problems.
advertisement

Comments

• Hi :wave: & welcome to the S boards :)

There is a very long however filled with TONS of info at the link here that I will post for you. Also Pat the person who started the thread welcomes people to send her a PM and she will help you any way she can :D

http://www.spine-health.com/forum/pain-management/pain-pump-implant-update

L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • Thank you MsHD for sending this person to my thread.

I just happined to catch this new thread while looking at new posts that were listed. Just by accident really. I never even look at a lot of the forums here because they do not relate to my condetion.

blindscience.....I will be sending you a PM(private message) on here that should be a big help to you.
    Check your in box some time romorrow. I am on my way to bed and had just logged in to check MY inbox.

Welcome to Spine Health
    Patsy W
  • Just got home from hospital!.Had pain pump installed yesterday! Sent me home 8 hrs early cause it went so great! So far I'm great! Definitely something I wish I'd known about years ago!! Pain sucks!!