Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ACD&F of the c5-c7 recovery?

MelB81MMelB81 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi everyone, my name is Melissa and I am 29. On June 2, 2010 I had acd&f of my c5-c7. I am still in alot of pain. I went back to work on November 10th and and quit the beginning of Jan. I worked there 11 yrs. I was a housekeeper in a hospital. I have been to the doctors 100s of times, and now in the pain clinic and applied to social security. I feel so depressed, I cant sit at a computer for long, couldnt do the job i loved so much anymore. I just dont know when this pain is going to go away. PT didnt to seem to help had almost 6 months of it, and my insurance wouldnt pay no more. I still dont got alot of strength back.
I never had pain before the surgery. I just had my left arm ggo numb or fall asleep all the time, then my leg started to do the same so we decided surgery was the right thing to do. HELP feeling so depressed ugh...

• I have my first symptoms in October 2010 so I have no much experience in this area. I do know there are a lot of nice and experienced people in this forum that will be able to help you about the specifics of your case and they will soon do so.
    About depression, however, I do have some experience. As you already know and I reinforce is a very serious thing!! Apart to your case with the spine, pls, see someone to help you with depression. There are - as eventually you already know - 3 generations of meds to treat depression with reduced side effects. You may find an additional help to your case.
    I wish you get better soon!
    Would like to hear you are better soon! Let us know of your recovery!
  • i had a fusion c4-7 done in 2007. the doc told me it is normal to still have pain after surgery for 6-18 months. this site, especially the chat room helped me soooo much. i too had my job taken because of pain. freshman is right. counseling is necessary. pain is worse with depression. getting out of the house and walking helped. situational depression is just as bad as regular depression. meds helped me alot. i don't know what meds you are on,but the antiseizure drugs were good for my nerve pain. i would discuss this with the pain clinic. come join us in chat. it is a supportive group of ppl and we understand each others pain issues.