Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi everybody

AngelazakAAngelazak Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, my name is Angela, I'm 36 years old and I live in Michigan with my husband Chris and our two daughters, Briana and Maizie. I was in a car accident 3 years ago, and I have been living in pain ever since. I've tried all the non-invasive procedures, Radiofrequency, epidural steroid injections, physical therapy, painkillers and exercise. These all brought small temporary relief, but not nearly enough. My neurosurgeon has recommended spinal fusion. I am to the point where I'm sick and tired of being in pain. I'm just extremely scared of the surgery, and the long recovery. I know this surgery will give me my life back, I'm just so terrified of the whole thing. I know all of you can relate to my anxiety and fear. I hope some of you have words of wisdom and support for me.
Your friend,

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can.you have come to a great place to get lots of information about fusion surgery.be sure and check out the "Back and Neck surgery" forum for more input on your possible surgery.. also under "Treatments" at the top of the page you will see " surgery" under that.. it is understandable to be scared about surgery but with plenty of information and talking with friends here on SH i think you will feel much better about it..please be sure and get more than one opinion if you do decide on surgery.. the more information you have, the better.. good luck to you! stop by anytime! Jenny :)
  • Hi Jenny and thank you for that nice welcome:) I will definitely check out those other threads, I've been looking through a lot of them already. This is my third opinion, I guess I really didn't want to hear the truth. I knew surgery was my next and basically only option. Thanks again, and I look forward to talking with you more.
  • What part of your spine are they planning on fusing? So sorry you are suffering with pain. I have had two fusions and am better than I was before surgery. I still live with some chronic pain, but am happy I made the decision to have the fusions done.

Best wishes,

• Welcome to the forum =D> .

I understand how fearful of surgery you are, I felt the same way, but I was at the point you are now. I've had two done since August and I don't regret it. I still have more work to do but I am confident I will get there.

We are here for you should you decide to have surgery, we will support you every step of the way as everyone did for me.

I am glad you joined us, there are many wonderful people here. :)
    AL S