Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Radiculopathy into all four limbs?

I was reading my medical records in preparation to switch to another back dr. My last dr. never let me know what was going on and kept making me take expensive drug tests despite me not being on narcotics and having no history or predisposing factors.

According to an MRI and EMG, I have bilateral radiculopathy in my arms and legs. (from the neck and lumbar regions)

I have symptoms that correlate with this: diminished tendon reflexes, areas of numbness, shooting pains,weakness, etc.

However isn't it nearly impossible to have radiculopathy in all four limbs? I am 26 and have no other medical problems.

I need to know if this is something I should look further into.

• What did your Mri say? A Mri wouldn't say that you have radiculopathy but rather if you had something on the nerves. What type of symptoms do you have that is the biggest question would be. How did the emg recognize radiculopathy in all four limbs as to what it says what are the corresponding nerves and muscles involved? What kind of treatments are the doctors providing you with? It is possible to have it in all four limbs if you have central herniations or herniations at different levels to the right or left.
  • I have a mild diffuse disc bulge at c4, but that is the only odd thing on my MRI, besides a cyst in my mouth.

My lumbar MRI was totally normal.
  • That might have been the comment on the "indication for test" rather than the interpretation of the test, since you mentioned the MRI is relatively normal. Hopefully your new MD will shed more light on this.