Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Injection done, I guess we wait, and see!!

HeidiLynnMHHeidiLynnM Posts: 445
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hey guys, I am so glad that I have everyone here! I also have my husband. He had a spinal fusion in 2005, and he does talk me out of a lot of the pain. He knows a lot of what I am going through. His surgery failed :( .

Anyhow, I didn't get any sedation for the injection. I did get valium. It hurt a lot, a ton of pressure. I can not say that I have any relief at all right now. I know that I just had it done hours ago, but I hurt! I am going to keep a journal to keep track of the pain. I will start tomorrow.

Thanks so much for being her for me to talk to all of you >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<

• what kind of injection did you get. let me know if it worked
  • Fingers crossed for ya.

In my case, I didn't get any relief until about the 3rd day.
    By the 7th day, I was pain-free.

Hopefully yours will work too! Let us know how it goes.
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • Still very sore. I had the epi injection. It is a stronger one than the ones you get like 4 times? I have already had 5 injections from my PM doctor but they did NOTHING. I tried to clean my whole downstairs today(i have floating floors), and had to give up in the living room! I did do laundry, and vacumn.

I haven't taken anything but tramadol for pain. I will wait until it gets bad to take my other meds. I am hoping that this at least takes the edge off.

For those of you that have had these, did they work for awhile? The next step is surgery. We shall see..

Also, I have a question. I have a PM doctor that did those injections along with a discogram, idet, emg. He wants to do all these things on my body to see if they work. He is a very nice man, but I don't want it.. I basically need to just see him for my meds. What would you guys do? My surgeon said to run, but I do need my pain meds still.
  • That sounds like a lot of work to do right after an injection that you hope relieves your pain. I found out fast that vacuuming was one of the worst things I could do after my surgery. My house is a lot messier today than it used to be - but I sure feel better and my husband hasn't turned any laundry pink in quite awhile:)