Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Question!!! Very sensative to pain meds........

HeidiLynnMHHeidiLynnM Posts: 445
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Pain Medications
Hi guys! I have tried many meds, but I am very weird when it comes to pain meds. I am currently taking tramadol,300 mg. I also take 7.5/500 hydro up to 4 times a day. They kind of stink. Both of them. I can't take morphine. Makes me feel like I am dying :/ .

So, just curious for those like me, what works? Also, I am a lumbar lady :H

• Most of the time, it's just trial and error to find the drug that controls your pain the best with the least amount of side effects. Sometimes, you may have to suffer for a short period of time until your body becomes adjusted to the med.

I remember back when I used to break one lortab 5/500 in half and still felt buzzed. Now I'm taking two norcos four times a day and have no side effects or cognitive impairment at all. If I'd taken this dose back then, I woulda been in a coma! LOL
  • Do the tramadol and hydrocodone 'stink' in terms of efficacy? Or side effects? We might need a little more info to effectively help you...

And had you ever tried the morphine for any more than a few days? i.e. enough time to become tolerant to the side effects. Morphine sensitivity/intolerability is extremely common, more than with other opioids perhaps.

It seems you've had limited experience with the opioids; there's many more out there which could be better suited. Everyone responds uniquely to different anagesics, especially narcotics
  • lol at least im not the only 1 that cant take hardly any meds.tramadol gave me halucinations!tramacet the same!i can only take max of 20mg of codeine in 1 tablet otherwise im tripping!i tolerate naproxen i take antacids anyway for ibs so they obviously help with the naproxen irratating the tummy.i have fairly low blood pressure normally so when the hospital give me morphine my bp hits the floor!they tried everything lol it just comes back up on its own eventually.i knew this from when i had a sterilisation 7 years ago lol.i did warn the nurses.so basically im stuck with paracetamol and codeine together and naproxen.i can take diazapam as long as i dont mind sleeping lol.1 2mg tablet makes me dopey 2 sends me to sleep at night lol.