Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

It's cold and I'm annoyed with this wreck deal!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Matters of the Heart
Jeez, my insurance has had to launch a fullout investigation because this lady who can barely speak english apparantely had an attorney within 2 hours of getting to the hospital! I don't think she has insurance, why else would she be going after mine. She wants around 3/4 of a million for pain and suffering - seriously? Doubt she's ever worked a day in her damn life... I have spoke to the police officer that was there and he's kind of a dick. He told me, wellll ma'am, I have over 400 hours of Crime Scene investigation experience and I'm the top dog in this city. Wow really dude? I have 31 years, what are you like 13 and 6 weeks of experience - ya, way impressive. I said well you are a public servant just like I am, I don't treat my customers like that and I expect you to answer my questions and not act like an a$$hole. I guess my insurance will need to call him because he won't tell me anything. The lady won't speak to my insurance because her attorney advised her not too so who knows where this cluster of .... is gonna end. Anyway - it's cold as a mother-in-laws kiss today and I want spring!

• Since she went right after a lawyer who is coming after you. Yeah, she got an ambulance chaser. Don't talk to her or her lawyer. You're stuck on the cop thing, however your insurance company can request the info now. They can also bring in one of their own experts to review the accident scene. We went that route when my SIL-to-be was run into and killed by someone who shouldn't be operating a vehicle. The police investigator butchered the report by leaving out key details either due to laziness or stupidity. The private investigator was much more thorough. The sooner that happens the better.

She's probably poor, if she can't afford insurance, then getting a lawyer is her only defense. Sad, but true. Suing you is a possible free ride for a poor person. I'm sure her ambulance chaser lawyer is telling her she has to do this. He wants a payday or he won't represent her.

I'm now embarking down the lawsuit road I refused to go down. Everything was set with no court and lawyers. At the 11th hour the company that almost killed me decided they aren't paying my medical bills. I was forced at that point to get a lawyer. And that's when the fight started...
  • Marion,

We see that sort of crap everyday down here in South Florida! It's actually gotten to the point that every single traffic stop, police are verifying with *the* particular insurance company to be sure the insurance is valid - if not, they are arresting them on the spot for fraud.

The other crappy thing they do down here is 'hit and runs'...sad, sad, sad. People either don't give a rats butt, or want to sue the crap out of you for their stupidity. I hope your insurance is good for their customers and get to the bottom of this.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Hi; yup she has a ambulance chaser.
    Your ins.co. will provide you with a lawyer if you need one.
    Also unless she is crippled up, if she did get anything it would not exceed your policy limits.

Did she even have a driver license?

That cop was also out-of-line. 4oo hours of experience, how many of them hours were in a class room? That and a $buck$ will get him a cup of coffee.

Last year on july 4th, my brother was a pedisteran and was hit by a drunk driver who ran a stop sign.The guy had ins. and after the lawyer and hospital and doctors got their money, my brother got $5000 dollars. Piss poor for suffering 7 broken ribs and a collapased lung.

Point is her chances are zilch, so just let the ins. handle it and relax if you can.
  • That does make me feel better. Jeez, sorry about your brother. I have been trying to just let it go, worry doesn't make it any better right! Thanks bud!
  • Wow Marion!! That sucks, but you KNOW the insurance company is going to do everything in its power to NOT pay out, so try not to worry about it. Sheesh, some people eh? It never ceases to boggle my mind...
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Maybe I'm just cynical as he!!, but if this car hit you from behind or the side...Maybe, maybe the damn car was smashed up a bit before the incident. People...there are scamers that will intentionally crash into you just for this purpose. Who was the chick that was at the scene telling you not to touch her arm or move her? was she with the woman who's crying boohoo and I want money? Something smells like Hen Sh!t! Or not, People suck yeah...she doesnt have insurance so your Fu@ked. Lawdy Mouse, I hope you get a good lawyer and this bottom feeder gets what she deserves: NOTHING. Please keep us informed. grrrrrrrrrrrrr this makes me sick to my stomach. People who sue for...ugh vomit. bye now