Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

tonyanwisconsinttonyanwisconsin Posts: 189
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well March 1st will be my one year anniversary for my 2 level PLIF. I am getting there..It is a slow recovery for me but I was definitely improving. Well this weekend I did something to aggrivate things. I don't know what though!!! I am still very careful. I don't lift laundry, still on a lifting restriction nothing >45lbs which trust me I don't do over 20lbs. I squat not bend. But starting Sunday I have had terrible pain at my surgical site. It is inflammed I know because when I sit back against something I can feel my hardware..It feels like a log is back there..lol..And I have had nerve pain into my butt and now into the top of both thighs..which I have never had!!!! My pain mgt MD just put me on Mobic twice a day so hopefully that will help and I still take Percocet 10mg about 2 or 3 a day. He also gave me Robaxin but I haven't tried it yet. I am a chicken when it comes to taking new meds. BAD NURSE ME!!

I am sure hoping it is just the inflammation causing my problems. I need to take it easy for a few days but have to work. I have a sit down job so I try and get up and walk around when I can. But I have a stabbing pain with every step. I slept with my TENS unit on last night and that helped. I see my surgeon on Friday.

This is such a long road. BUT, and I must say BUT, before it was hurting on Sunday I have had improvement. I have my fingers crossed this is just a flare up. I need to go home and do NOTHING tonight but rest,ice and heat my back.
Thinking of my March 2010 buddies!!!! Hiya Jellyhall :)

• hi, i had micro l4-l5 in march of last year. like u, everything was going well till last friday and wham. i got out of my chair and had a sharp pain in my back. rested for an hour and back pain was gone, but my butt and legs hurt. it is better after 1 week but still i have leg pain. my doc said i could have strained a muscle or it could be the cold weather affecting my nerve or worse. i hope it is the weather for both of us, i know how u feel. it is too cold here for me to walk but the weather should warm up in a few days, i live near cleveland. i can not wait till i can take a walk outside.

• I am so sorry that you hurt yourself.
    Sorry that it took me so long to find your post.
    Life seems so busy these days, that I don't manage to stay here for very long, so there are always loads of posts that I don't manage to read.

It was the name of the poster of your post that caught my eye (your name!!).

I hope that with rest, you managed to get your pain back under control.

I have had some flares, but usually find that if I rest lots, they have settled down. However, over the last 3 or 4 months, my various symptoms are increasing in severity and frequency.

I do hope that you manage to have a really restful weekend, and that things will return to your recovery going smoothly.

What did your surgeon say on Friday?

Take good care of yourself, we must try to keep in touch. :-)