Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Who are these people?

TWHladyinLVTTWHladyinLV Posts: 47
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Chronic Pain
My WC claim was closed yesterday, I was told I could not return to my profession of 30+ years, so I lost my well-paying job. Today I was contacted by a lady from Intercorp company for an interview for work re-hab. I was wondering if anyone out there has had dealings with this company?
I received permanent partial disability from the treating MD. I can only occasionally do: sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting, etc. What kind of vocation am I supposed to qualify for? I am very frustrated!

• Hi Twi,

I can certainly understand where your coming from, being a work comp patient myself. The one thing I find interesting here is they say your work comp claim was closed, but yet they want to send you to some rehab program. I don't know the specifics of the company you are referencing, but I question why would they close the claim and then offer up a rehab program. If your claim is closed and they send you to a rehab program and you get injured whom is responsible, and also whom is paying you? What is most important is anything they offer up and tell you don't get the information via the phone, have them put it in writing to you. That way there is no mis-communication in what is going on, and you clearly understand what is being said. Also in the event you need it in the future it is in writing.

Workcomp laws very by states. Some states require if someone is not qualified for the job they once did that they do a job retraining program. So I am not sure whom is requesting this. But you should be able to find your states website and find a number to call them and ask what it is. All work comp injuries are also communicated through the state government office. If you don't have a attorney that is where I would start. As someone sitting in a very similar boat as you I feel your frustrations and it is not easy to deal with. But don't give in, and if you feel it is not right question it. You are the only one protecting yourself. At the end of the day work comp, goes home to their families and normal lives and your still living with the effects of the injury. Keep us posted on what you find out.
  • This company is who WC refers some clients too. Given you have a solid work history but medical problems stop your return to that job. WC may not be able to help you enough. That company has a much higher success rate placing people back into jobs. They work with employers to adapt to your disability and get you working again. For WC it is a positive since they have nothing left to offer you. The flip side is they are focused on reducing the original companies claim costs and WC ongoing costs. So they are not necessarily your friend.

• Thank You so much for your comments.

I do have an attorney, but since there is no litigation involved in my case (yet) I do not really see the attorney, I see a WC Administrator who works for the attorney. She and her assisants help me and work with the insurance compamy to insure I am getting the right treatment. They know I have an appointment to see this person from Intracorp. I received paperwork from the Intracorp person stating what my rights are, and what their objectives are. I have to show this person my work experience, any hobbies that I excel at, and give them access to all my health records. My gut tells me to beware of anyone who acts like they are on my side in this matter. My accessment is that they are required to state if they think I have marketable skills, and if so, I do not get re-training at all. In this case they are only to "help" me to get a job within a 6 month period. In this economy we all know how difficult this is. Las Vegas has the highest unemployment in the nation (like 19 percent), I am at the top in my career which I have been doing for over 30 years, but It is such a specialized field that I don't know what I can do next. I am 54 and expected to retire in 10 years or so. Who is going to hire a 54 year-old green person in a new field? A few years ago my husband who is just 60 now was laid off from a very good job with a large company. It took him 2 years to find another, but he had to start out at the bottom of the wage scale again and he has a master's degree in his field. This was without any health issues. Even with his masters degree I was making more than him, so now my incom has been ripped in half.
    There are things I would "like" to do other than what I did in my career, but they would not make any money. And I need money to keep my home.
    My MRI and report say that I am basically back to the same damage that I was before I had my back surgery in Jan 09. I am still in a lot of pain. I cannot sit, stand, walk, for more than 15 minutes.

I really need the surgery done over, but because I am not "Worse" than the last surgury the insurance company would not re-open my claim. I have read all the laws pertaining to re-opening of a claim, but they are vague, and my "attorney" seems to concur.

I am now covered under my husband's insurance an I am tempted to go to a Neuro Surgeon to see if there is anything that can be done. I know there is no guarantee, but I really want to go back to my occupation and I don't see myself in any occupation that meets the requirements of my permanent restrictions.
This discussion has been closed.