Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C1-C2 fusion post op

JolitoJJolito Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery

Hi, it's been almost 4 months after my C1-C2 odontoid surgery, everything went well, great recovery with almost no pain.. I just started PT last week and is also going very well. However, last night while I was asleep I started feeling some tingling in my right arm, from under the arm to my pinky and ring finger, it feels a little numb... I'm kind of worried about it, does anybody know anything about it?

• I see you are a new member to Spine Health, so I would like to welcome you to our community.

I haven't had cervical surgery, mine was lumbar, but I am having problems with my neck, so I am interested to hear other's experiences.

C1-C2 is a very hard surgery to endure, so I believe. It is so encouraging to hear how well you have been doing. Well done!! :-)

I am having a lot of headaches, with ear pain and tingling in the side of my face and in my mouth, under my tongue. My physio thinks I may have problems higher up in my cervical spine, possibly at C3. I also have symptoms that indicate there are other problems lower down in my neck.

Please let us know more about your surgery and recovery so far. There are a lot of people who will be interested to read your story.

I am sure that other cervical fusion patients will be along to share their experiences with you.

I would say, have you spoken to your surgeon about the tingling in your arm?

Wishing you well in your continued recovery.