Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The wreck saga continues...

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Matters of the Heart
Sounds as tho the gal that hit me might not be getting anything. I don't know for sure but I do know that my insurance co has a PI checking into her and I almost got the impression they are following her to see if she is as messed up as she says! She does want about 750,000.00 for hitting me so hey - guess it's not too bad huh??!! Unbelievable. My insurance says they haven't paid a dime for anything and their investigation will be at least another month. They said her story makes no sense at all, which is what I thought. BUT - now she has suddenly come up with an independent witness that saw everything and said oh yes she did have a seat belt on, oh yes she wasn't speeding and didn't cross the centerlane. (This is what she says). My insurance says she won't give them the name of this supposed witness tho, so they are playing the same game right back. Maybe it was the wierd tweeker chick that was yelling that I'd broke her arm, and all that wierd stuff, hell I don't know.

• This is what your dealing with...a scam artist. I responded in your other thread. Not sure if you read it. I'm sorry for you Mouse. What is the deal with that woman who was at the scene. The one that was yelling at you to not move her. I think she's the witness and I think these people have done this alot. Do a search on this woman. See if anything comes up. This smells really bad.
  • Marion,

Sorry just seen this thread, but sounds like a scam to me. You know when they say it don't add up, it doesn't sound right, then it isn't right. Good to hear your insurance company is working on it. I mean how does someone run into you and ask you for money. Whatever happened to being in control of your car at all times? Hopefully the police report reflects the way the police were talking to you. It sounds as if the other persons insurance is expired, and they want their vehicle paid for and anything else they can get away with. Hopefully your insurance company will take care of them and they will disappear. Usually if they think something is up they will just vanish and not carry it any further, so hopefully that is what happens in this case. Let me know how it works out.
  • Lemme see... *She hit YOU* and *she* wants 3/4 of a million dollars from *you*? Yeah, okay, sounds legit to me ... NOT!! We see this crap all the time in South Florida - it's pathetic! I'm glad your insurance can smell fishy in the room! That girl/woman that came up yelling at you is most likely her cohort.

Down here, said car will cause an accident and then anywhere from 1 to 3 "witnesses" will come to that drivers aid saying you did this or that to that "poor lady." The affected set up driver pays off to keep the accident off their insurance! Bingo, bad guy wins. You've gone to your insurance, so its not going as this "little old lady" planned.

Marion, this sucks big time, but like others have said, it looks like your insurance company isn't being blind to what truly is going on. Hopefully all of this will be over soon. Oh, did she ever really break her arm? Remember, *she* hit you, *she* failed to yield the right of way, *she* hit you.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Ok besides the point this is beyond ridiculous. Seriously why is she even allowed to file a claim when SHE hit YOU?????
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • If I remember correctly, the police were surprised that their car looked as bad as it did when yours took as little damage as it did. Whenever I first read your post a few weeks ago (was it?) about this incident.. my instincts told me that something was up with that woman yelling at you/the damages/the shady womans flitting about,etc. Yes, I would def. follow up with this and do a background check on this woman because something tells me there is more here than meets the eye. The cops should have already done a background check.. or don't they do that, maybe they don't.. but if you know her name, you should.

Sounds shady to me. (8)
  • I'd betcha this woman has filed numerous bogus auto accidents and with a little research the police can probably find a long paper trail of her fraud scam. This is a scam seen/used in all of the U.S. A driver will intentionally rear end another vehicle then claim injuries with hopes of getting a check. I'm still thinking that the car was already very damaged. Shoot i'd be getting the VIN number from this womans car and running a check on this as well. Your insurance company hopefully is being proactive. Bring this scam artist down!!!!
  • I hadn't read this thread till now.

Sure sounds like a scam. I'm glad it was not worse; the biggest scam they used to pull in Florida was for someone to ram the back of a rental car in heavy traffic. When you pulled over the would Rob you of everything. They I.D.d the snowbirds or vacationers by the rental decals on the back of the cars.

Florida passed a law requiring all rental car companies to remove any Identifiers that it is a rental car.

Don't hesitate to do as much investigation of this person or persons as you can. Sometimes Insurance comapanies get lost on other things.

When my son was hit and run on Campus his Sophomore year the girl ran. The car died, DPS, cops from the University saw her hit my son and drive off. They found her car abandoned in a lot with antifreeze running out of it. The girl was gone, our Insurance traced it to an out of state guy who said it was not his car. the insurance was not in the guys or girls name and had been canceled so our insurance paid us and wrote it OFF! We did not stop, we called the company that used to cover the car, they told us where the insurance had been transferred too! It was the guys DAUGHTER! We made her insurance pay, The girl plea bargained down to failure to use due care and leaving the scene of an accident. It cost her $800 in fines, plus she or her dad hired an attorney from 3.5 hours away! Plus her dad and the attorney had to appear in court! Her bump and run probably cost her a couple thousand easy. Our insurance would have left her walk away scot free!And our insurance would have shown a claim was made against it by us!

Sorry for Wrambing, but yes, do look into things as much as you can...and stay after your insurance company too!
  • I was getting so wound up over it I was making myself sick. My insurance is investigation and have a PI looking into her. They think it's a scam, so I had to put it in their hands for the time being. I'm still getting bills tho - I don't think she has insurance! I got a bill for hazmat cleanup for almost 200 bucks that I'm fighting at the moment. It wasn't my fault and it wasn't my vehicle that got wiped out and leaked gas and radiator fluid all over. It was hers - why the hell are they billing me. I can only think it is because I have insurance and she didn't.
  • You just point them to the insurance company on those bills.

If it is stressing you out, might be time for a little Vitamin "V"? (please don't be mad, valium, and I have been taking them all day, as prescribed)

I was stressing out over being nudged into working a show I swore I would never do again. To be P.C. I can't say what type of show. By last night my back and shoulders were killing me. Today they have felt like were going to explode. So, guess what? I finally got up the gumption to just say, " NO, I am not doing this show". I am out a small pile of money that I could use for something fun but working 20-26 hours out of 30 is not something I should be doing and the stress is to much. Saying 'I QUIT" felt so good!

yeah, try to back off if the stress is getting to you. I know my wife has a pretty good handle on legal things and honestly she did most of the investigating.

I hope the dirt, er, other party has a laundry list a mile long and they throw the book at them!