Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Still in pain- TLIF on L4-S1 Doc is talking Myelogram

bobbinladybbobbinlady Posts: 35
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery

I had my TLIF in Sept 27. I've been on Roxicodone, Soma, Gabapentin, and Oxycodone/Apap since. The pain seemed to be getting better but last month GA had a Snow/Ice storm and I wasn't able to go to the pain Doc. Pain is back up to a 7, and then I've been getting severe muscle spasms down the back of my right leg and pain down so bad that I couldn't sleep and almost went to ER. Got to my surgeon Tuesday and he kind of shook his head, but said I was still early in my recovery. He said that if I was still bad off at 5 1/2 months, he would do a myelogram.

Then I went to pain dr today and explained that I had been without meds for a month. He put me back on some of them and said to try it out.

Anyone with this kind of situation? I don't like the sound of the procedure because I am extremely allergic to Contrast. HELP!

• Hi Bobbinlady! Sorry you're looking at the myelogram and having a lot of pain. Myself, I'm in a fair bit lf pain due to a failed lumbar fusion. I just had a myelogram done last month, along with another MRI & CT. Now the doc is deciding how to fix me.

As for you, I can't imagine why they would even consider the myelogram on you if you are indeed allergic to the contrast. That's one of the questions they asked me prior to the procedure, if I was allergic. Have you made your doc aware of the allergy?

I wish you the best on your outcome! Holler at me if you want to know about the myelo. procedure, I'll sure be glad to tell you my experience.