Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

what are impairment ratings used for ?????

svtrichssvtrich Posts: 19
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Health Insurance Issues
I thought impairment ratings helped you with ssdi.but are they just for workers comp?

• Typically I only see impairment ratings in the world of work comp. Anyone under a private insurance this is something you won't see. The rating itself is used in work comp when they go to settle the case it how the base the settlement amount. If you look on your state's website you can find the chart and how it works. In all the states I have looked at they use the spine, as referable to the body as a whole. So some states the amount maybe 400 weeks and other 450 weeks. So if you had a impairment rating at say 45% they would multiple .45 times 400 or 450 and that is the number of weeks they would pay you for. The amount they pay you is not the same as the amount you were making under TTD(temporary total disability or the 66 2/3 of your income. Some states term it as PPD(permanent partial disability).