Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Two-level lumbar fusion - a great success story

inchwormiinchworm Posts: 719
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:50 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all...

I haven't been hanging around here much lately, but decided today that I really need to let you know how well I'm doing.

My 2-level lumbar fusion was done on Sept 29, and at my 3-month check-up my surgeon released me! There were good signs of fusion and for all practical purposes I have a *new* back. My back has literally not felt this good since I was in my 20's! No pain or numbness and I can do anything I want to. I'm totally amazed, to say the least.

I know that so many of you have not had such wonderful results or so fast a recovery, and for that I am truly sorry. I just want to inject a note of amazed optimism. If I could pass my wonderful surgical results on to each of you, I would do it in a heartbeat. What I can pass on to those of you anticipating back surgery is the reality that there are people out here, like me, who do actually have amazing surgical results, and you may be equally blessed! :)
Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
advertisement

Comments

• Thanks Linda for posting about your success with your 2 level fusion. I am currently waiting for a one or two level fusion at l5/s1 and possibly L4/L5.
    I know a lot of the people that do have successful surgeries leave the forum as they feel better, and we don't hear about the great outcomes as much. So happy for you <:P that you feel like you have a new back, very encouraging to me. Wishing you continued success and fusing! Now you just have to get rid of the leg (thigh) cramps again.
    Take care!
    >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • GREAT news - so happy for you and I hope your fusion gets stronger as the months go by and you can do even more.

I'm a success story too, but I've had to modify my activities and overall life is good.

Keep enjoying life and do let us know how you're going as the months go by.

Trish

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • I'm so happy for you. Thanks for posting your success story. >:D< Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • thats fantastic news that your surgeon was able to correct your spinal prob and your feeling so well

what was the prob that was causing the curvature?

take care
    flower

advertisement