Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2 back surgery under 1 week. still in a a lot pain please any info would be great

noelwolfnnoelwolf Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Recovering from Surgery
L5 and S1 servere ruptured disc. I had servere pain down my left leg, could not sleep, or sit. Had surgery a discemtomey on L5 and S1, after surgery, both of my leg hurt serverly I could barely walk and the Orthro doctor sent me for emergency MRI and ended getting amitted to the hospital to have a second back surgery on the same disc. I am in worse pain now I have terrible pain down my left leg. The pain is twice as worse as before my very firstsurgery. I am using a cane, living on pain pills, and steriods. I was told the the sciatic nerve was flured up and it needs to heal. I don't understand anything, I am miserable. I thought that is way I had to the surgery so I would not be in this much of pain I understand nerve pain, but not pain that you can not barely walk. I spoke with the docotor on Monday and he is now sending me for a third MRI. I am totally confused and do not understand way I am still in a lot of pain. This has totally ruined my life, two little girls that I can get to preschool and I can not even drive. I spend most of time in bed. I am so depressed and miserable. I just want to feel better. I pray each night for a light at the end of the tunnel.

• I see it has been about 10 days since you posted. How are you feeling now? Has the pain lessened any? I'm so very sorry to hear that you had go back in for a second surgery. I know how incredibly difficult that can be on the body.

If you are still in alot of Pain, then please call your surgeon and ask him about having a block or steroid injection, or ask him about how long they estimate the nerve being inflamed.Or even a med increase. And I dont want to lecture, but you should ask for help on getting your little ones to school, you need to recover right now.

After my surgery , My whole spinal cord swelled up. I was in such bad pain I had to be admitted. They nearly had to intubate me as the amount of pain med's required to stop my crying also nearly stopped my breathing. Everyone here knows what you have been through and many of us are on all night. So feel free to write again any time.

Good Luck and God Bless

• how you're getting on?
    2 x Microdiscectomy 2005 / PLIFusion 2-level 2010 / revision surgery 2011 / NEVRO Senza spinal cord stimulator implanted February 2013. I WILL NOT GIVE IN / UP !!
  • I had extreme nerve pain after my surgery and a round of steriods help the inflammation of the nerves. Maybe you could try that? I hope you have found relief!