Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

degenerative cervical changes

jsekief2011jjsekief2011 Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have been experiencing mild pain in my lower legs for about 3-4 years or more however when first told to me my doctor had thought it was gout however nothing pointed towards that as that usually is in my toe area for that. I have then recently experienced neck pain and constant headaches in the back of my head and then recently I have felt weakness in arms and when laying down I feel as if I am shaking inside as if my veins are moving around as if the feeling is coming back into my arms and legs this only happens if I am laying down for only a few minutes then goes away. I have had MRI's all normal except the one that told me I had degenerative cervical changes. I am coping with the headaches however I can but if there is something I can do to help much more than what I do please help. I have had blood tests all normal.

• Sorry to hear of your headaches and weakness in your limbs. When I started having weakness and sciatica in my leg my Family Dr. ordered an EMG/nerve test and then saw a Neurologist as he does part of the nerve test. I hope you're Dr. will be able to find out what's going on. take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • HI,

First let me say welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and you will find many whom it took sometime to diagnose their issues. When was the cervical MRI taken? Did you get a copy of the report yourself? If you didn't get copies of all the Mri's you had done you might want to get copies of the reports along with copies of the images.

Is your symptoms continuing to worsen or are they staying the same sense the time of the mri? As far as the pain itself, are you having any issues with pain, like buring stabbing or aching? Does any part of your limbs go numb and if so where at? Also what makes the symptoms better and what makes them worse? These are all things that a doctor will be asking. I would suggest that you get in to see a nuerologist and let them run some testing and come up with a firm diagnoses. Often times when someone see's a issue within the spine they tend to let the symptoms say that is where they are coming from. But they may not be at all, but then again they maybe. I am not sure of your age but I am a betting that MRI of your spine says a little more. What kind of doctor did you see that ordered these test?

But my take is you need to get a diagnoses as to what is causing all of that, as it not normal body stuff. You know your body best and know when something isn't right. Sometimes we have to advocate a little harder if the picture isn't as clear as to what is the issue.

Anyway just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. If I can be of any assistance don't hesitate to pm me. Look forward to reading more of your post. Take care.
  • Hi TamTam,
    well first of all as I have said before this happend 3-4 years ago and I would seriously have to say the pain has stayed the same. the headaches have since subsided a bit I mean I still get dull aches in back of head at times however do not tend to be bothersome. I do sometimes have it where I feel as if my head is going to explode from being so "full" for a better word. Feels like alot of sinus pressure basically I do have allergies and so that is not anything new to me. My primary doctor whom I do not see anymore as I have changed to seeing my wife's doctor now and she is helping me however there are many days where I wish this would go away however I am sure something degenerative will never do that. I have recently had the symptom of when I lay down at night in bed I feel as if my nerves or veins or whatever are moving around and I feel as if I am shaking internally. there is no MS parkinsons or anything like that in family. It does go away eventually however bothers me. I can be sitting still at times and feel as if im moving and obviously im not. I dont know whats going on. uggghhhh
  • hey charry I had a nerve test done about a year ago and everything was fine on that as they told me that my problem was not effecting my nerves or anything. Nice to hear from you. if you see me online drop a line.