Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

aliceaalice Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Chronic Pain
can some one maybe have an idea of whatis going on. i have had an l4/l5 disectomy and 5 yr after that i had a wallis insereted that was 2 an half yr ago the thing is im in severe pain everyday im 13 different pain tablets but my doctor or no one seems to believe me or what im going through it was the same before my first and 2nd operation no one would believe me until i started to loose bowel control i still loose this control once or twice weekly and also after my operation they tried an epidural to put steroids in my spine to help with pain but when they were doing this one of the nurses moved the bed and the doctor pierced the wrong nerve so my spinal fluid was leaking to my head it was the worst pain i ever experienced do you think the syptoms im having now could be related to that any comment or advice be very gratefull thank you.

• Only the Drs will know what going on But I would guess it could be nerves damaged But the other people on here just might have a better guess then I have.

• Do you mean to tell me that you STILL lose bowel control and no one believes you??? This is ridiculous!!! Your surgeon should have his HEAD examined!!! You need to see your surgeon as soon as possible. You need another CT scan!!! Ask your doctor to schedule you for one to see what is going on in there. You could be starting cauda equina syndrome and that is an emergency situation!!!

Ask your doctor tomorrow if you could have a CT scan and tell him that you are losing bowel control. Then tell him you need a referral to a neurosurgeon AFTER you have the CT scan cause you'll have to take those films with you. Best of luck and God bless. Hugs, Lee
  • alice, why do you think they don't believe you, what have you ask for that you have not recieved, or what care or treatment do you feel that you are lacking.
    I want to understand you better, but I don't know what you mean when you say that they don't believe you. You were operated on twice, are taking pain medication, and are under the care of a physician, but you think s/he does not believe that you are in pain?

A lot of times we are in so much pain, and because the pain doesn't get better or might even get worse, we might think that our Dr(s) don't care when this is not necessarily the case. Sometimes even though they do all they can it just isn't enough, but it doesn't mean that they don't believe us.
This discussion has been closed.