Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

6 weeks postop - new pain and old pain?

tracibennttracibenn Posts: 95
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Its been 6 weeks since my 360 L5-S1 fusion. Quick recap....felt great right after surgery, a week later had awful leg pain/burning again. Took steriods for a week and it went away. Since then, I get pain that reminds me of the pain I had before surgery...aching down the right leg..tingling...etc. In the past week or two, I've started having some new stuff....pain in the other leg, tingling down both buttcheeks. I've also started having a crushing feeling when I have stood too long that was exactly what I use to have before surgery. So, long story short, some of my old stuff is coming back along with new pain. On top of that, my back is tender to the touch still, stiff, and rolling over in bed/geting up out of chairs is so hard. I dont think I'm doing to much, as my dr said to do what feels comfortable. I wear my back brace faithfully, use my bone stim as directed, I haven't lifted anything, try my hardest not to twist and bend. I'm following all the rules. Why am I still having pain? Am I expecting to much too soon? Ugh....sorry for the rant. I'm just tired of all of this. Surgery was suppose to fix me!

• I think you are very early in recovery,that being said, Have you seen your Dr? Have you informed them of the new pain? It is something they should address. You are also only 6 weeks out, and it takes a long time to recover. But let your Dr know whats going on, that way maybe it will ease your mind at least. Hugs!
  • think you are expecting too much in the early stages of recovery

it takes many months, a year to heal

you posted about driving a 14 hour, all in one day trip for next month

i understand you want to get on with your life, but really , i think that would aggravate and put much strain on your fusion

there are so many internal structures that have to heal,and takes time for it all to settle down

if you having probs your concerned about , call your surgeon, see what he says

• The long car trip has been cancelled. I think thats a blessing in disguise : )