Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Here

charmed1199ccharmed1199 Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in New Member Introductions
Want to say hello to everyone and introduce myself here. I had a slipped disc in 1996 and then lumbar disc problem and in 2009 suffered with cervical disc. I had to take disability as my spine forbids me to do further work. I use to do nursing but now my career is gone due to back problems. I hope to gain knowledge reading the post and getting to know others who experience this also.

• Just wanted to say welcome and hope you find some answers.
  • Welcome to Spine-Health. You'll find a lot of great information throughout this site, including the forums. I'm sure you'll make friends here - not only because there are so many nurses like you that have lost their careers due to spine problems, but because our members are very caring, understanding and supportive.

I see you've posted twice, so perhaps you've given us more information about yourself elsewhere, so I'm anxious to hear what you've been through, where you are with your problems, and if you've had surgery. The more information we have about you, the easier it is to help and support you.

Take care,
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you dropped in! i am sorry you lost your career to your back problems.. it happens to alot of us unfortunataly. pleaase make yourself at home and have a look around the different forums... good luck to you! Jenny :)
  • Hi charmed1199,

Welcome you here.

Sure you will have great time with all of us.
  • I too- almost 30yrs of nursing- gone,done. something I did since high school. We were called candy stripers back then. Had a hard time letting go, always thought I'd have a job. Loved my job!
    On disability right now,gives me some time to think about what I want to do with my life now. Ithink of myself as young yet, only 52yrs old. I have a lot of life left to live yet! It's hard to stay positive when you live with pain. :''( :)