Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

rebecca 32rrebecca 32 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in New Member Introductions
my names becki i have been suffering with sciatica for the last 7 weeks and have been unable to work im waiting on a mri scan as the pain just dosent seem to go away i have good days but then i have really bad days im a care assiastant so im worried if im gonna be able to do my job any advice what i should do im on naproxen but that dont seem to help but my docter wont change it the whole thing is starting to get me down nice to know there is others to talk to

• HI Rebecca,

First let me say welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and you will find many members here dealing with sciatic type pain and lumbar issues. I would assume your doctor is not giving you anything for the pain, as he/she is waiting to see the results of the MRI. In the mean time have you tried ICE and or Heat or soaking in a hot tube. For myself heat makes it worse but ice does help. Naproxen is a antiflammatory med.

In the meantime you should also keep a journal on the type of pain your having be it burning, pins and needless, aching and so forth. Also keep where the pain is located. Also be sure to keep track of what makes the pain worse and what makes it better, like laying down, sitting, icing and so forth. Are you having any pain in your back or is it all in the leg? When you meet with the doctor the next time bring the journal so he/she can see, your not having much success with the meds and or getting any relief either. Have you done any physical therapy and stretching? I know with mine if I don't stretch everyday it gets out of control. I also have to walk daily. Somedays it is not very far but still has to be done.

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. Keep us posted on the results of the MRI. You might also want to check out the leg pain forum, and see what other members are doing for relief.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry to hear that you are suffering with pain and not having adequate pain relief.. that is very difficult to cope with.. i often use music to help me relax and cope with difficult periods of pain..you might give it a try... good luck to you. you will get better results from doctors when you get the results from your MRI..stop by anytime! Jenny :)