Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi Spiney Friends, I'm Back!

lisa burekllisa burek Posts: 855
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi Spiney Friends,

Took a break from SH for awhile as I was /am very busy setting up my Internet "store". Very time consuming, I had so much to learn (and still do). Even though I wasn't on the site I was still thinking about my spiney pals.

Anyway, yesterday went to my spine Dr. after having an MRI due to new pain issues and just as I had expected, my L1-2 disc is now shot. Makes sense since this is the one directly above the four levels of fusion and metal already there. I am also now showing signs of "discogenic edema" in multiple areas of my vertebrae where the surgeries have taken place (L2-S1). The GOOD news is that my spinal cord is totally fine for now.

So, its the waiting game for my back (and neck), signs of nerve damage occuring will determine the next fusion.

So thats my story, I'll have a bit more time to be on SH, hopefully I can be of some help to someone.

Have a good day,

• Sorry to see you're back with some pain and about your L1-2 disc and edema but good to hear you're doing alright right now. You were missed but glad you're able to get busy with some new project online and hope that works out for you. CHarry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    Sounds like your spinal problems are following mine. BUMMER!
    Good luck on your new store. I'm sure you'll do well. I'm pretty much computer illiterate so I wouldn't know the difference. 8}
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Thanks for you kind words, I appreciate it! Yes, I think starting my business has given me a good distraction from the pain issues.

Take care,
  • Yes, seems my spine is trying to be like yours!

I know what you mean about the computer stuff, I was/still am behind the times and had to learn alot just to get my store going, :)

Take care,

• Wondered where you were. I am sorry to hear of your new problems. Makes me worry about my future as my levels are the same as yours. But I am feeling better, and looking forward to spring. Whats the new business? Welcome Back!
  • Lisa - sorry you're in pain. I'm experiencing some trouble now too. I'm hoping it isn't anything bad. I hope they can help you without having to do any more surgery.
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • Hi Lisa. Welcome back - I'm glad you're keeping busy and hope you find success with your store. I wouldn't know the first thing about doing what your doing either, so I admire your willingness to learn new technology. It's great stuff, just hurts the brain sometimes.

I'm also having problems above my cervical fusion with edema, so looks like many of us are in the same boat. I'm able to wait for treatment also and am able to ignore it for now and treat it with meds and exercises.

Good luck on your internet store and although you can't post it here publicly, when you get it up and running I'd like you to PM me so I can visit it and see if I want to buy something. :-)

• good to hear from you again, but sorry that it is problems that have brought you back.

At least your spinal cord is ok. :-)

It must feel good to have a project to work on, and you are in charge of how many hours to spend on it, so on a bad day, the pressure is off.

Keep in touch >:D<
  • I was thinking we hadn't seen you here because the ole' back was treating you good for a change! Sorry to hear that isn't the case..
    On the other hand, I could send my son down to help out with the computerator stuff. These kids are amazing! I don't even bother having him try to explain the computer or my cellphone for that matter, I just tell him "hook me up brother miller" and it's done! LOL!
This discussion has been closed.