Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

First Epidural Down, Two To Go

bep1224bbep1224 Posts: 103
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Spinal Injections
I went today for my first of three Epidural Injections in my Thoracic today. I was honestly freaking out for the last two weeks because a few years ago I had a set of three injections done in my Lumbar that was a excruciating barbaric experience. At that time they used a numbing agent that did nothing and I felt like someone was sticking a burning spike through my spine. Kind of like a branding iron internally. Today was nothing like that. I felt a little wee pinch. Another little pinch, and it was over. Almost painless. My Torodol injections in my hip hurt and sting way, way more. And the Torodol sting last awhile too. All that worry and freaking out for nothing. Thank goodness. I absolutely hate needles. When I was a kid I broke a couple of them off in my buttock from tensing up. I learned to relax the muscle so I did not have to repeat the injection. We were military and had to have alot of injections to go overseas. I admit I am a baby when it comes to needles, spiders, and gaped open cuts. Just thought I would share for those who want to know what to expect. I had no twilight. The procedure was over within 3-5 seconds. It has been 4 1/2 hrs and I have been icing and feeling no discomfort what so ever. Next week I will go with a smile on my face, no tears or anxiety, and hopes that the injections take the burning and pain away. At least help some of it.

• your first injection went well and hope the rest are not as best as your other ones.I hope they last a long time for you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I just finished a series of 3 shots in my lumbar region. The first one was great, the 2nd one was a nightmare! I don't know what went wrong, but I felt every needle and it felt like the burning spike you described. The numbing agent barely worked and neither did the sedative. I was in tears throughout the whole process. My PMD apologized for "making me cry". The 3rd time I went in, I reminded the nurse and the PMD about my last experience. The nurse said I might have been more anxious because I knew the process, unlike the first time I went. She assured me that she would give me more sedatives if I vocalized any pain. The 3rd time was definitely a charm because my numb leg is feeling great....I'm just hoping and praying it'll last a while.
    Good luck,