Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Disability Phone Call

Kris-NYKKris-NY Posts: 2,207
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Well I started my SSD application online. Then I received a letter saying that I would have a phone interview today at 10:30 AM.

So here I sit at noon still waiting. I called the 800 number and all they could say is that there is nothing on the file so they are probably running late. I asked her how long I am expected to wait around. I'm supposed to go to one doctor to pick up a CD and honestly had some other errands to get done. So she agreed that another hour would be reasonable. So much for an efficient way to do this.

• Hi, and that does sound like a step in the right direction.
    But definitely sad to have to sit around waiting for the call that never comes. I'm sure we can all relate to that, in one way or another.

But anyway, i did'nt have the phone interview until after i was already approved, and that was for my daughter and me proving that i was her legal guardian, and not her mom.

So good luck to ya, and i'm sure everything will work out in your favor.
    Be sure to let us know.
  • HI Jim

Well they never called. I even checked the called ID. So I sent in the paperwork and will wait to hear from them.

I'm not in a great rush because my LTD was approved already. Now I'm waiting for their attorney to decide if he thinks my case is good enough to get disability. If they think there is a good chance they will represent me.

I loved the idea of doing it by phone since going there is a huge waste of time. I'm wondering if they didn't call because I had finished filling out the app online last week. I guess they will send me another letter when they want something.

How are you doing these days?
  • Well at least you got some of your paycheck coming in.
    I'm sure you have already done the #'s so you know which way you will be better off, on ltd or ssd.
    I'm also betting your ltd ins. would love to get you approved for ssd. So it's a safe bet they will help you if needed.

I agree, that could'nt be fun at all, sitting at the SS office, waiting forever and once you see someone it only takes 5 minutes.

I'm about the same, except if my l5/s1 does'nt start fusing i might be looking at another surgery. Wait til July to find out tho.

Best of luck to ya, and wait for another phone call.
  • watch what you say on the phone ... you should have a lawyer to help you with your app. and the prosses involved .. not that i am saying you might not be able to do this alone .. but it's worth haveing someone to know what the steps are for you to go through ....

my lawyer just dose ssdi thats what you need not a lawyer that will close on your house and handle a divorse as well as outher things ... trust me this is key in doing this right ..

seams to me meeting the standards to get ssdi .... haveing the doctors letters and all that are a huge part ... knowing how to answer the forms and telling you what to say are what gets it done...

two words ....."CELL PHONE"... no excuses throw away are cheep if you can't do a plan... give home and cell to ssdi ... lawyers and doctors ... just say some times i simply can't get to the house phone ... witch in my case is very true ... unless i have the cordless with me running for the phone isn't going to happen.... good luck ... my temp. dissabilty from work dropped me like a hot stone when they got it that i was not going to "GET BETTER"......
  • Spars thanks for the advice. So far my app is going well. Turns out they never called or contacted me. Then I received a letter from a different office saying that one of my doctors had not responded and they were waiting for my questionaire to be returned. I spoke with a very nice woman who will be doing my determination. She pulled my records and after I explained that the one doctor told me they will not fill out any paperwork she agreed that the notes I had sent her from that doc were acceptable. The questionaire was in the mail to her already.

So it sounded like she was ready to make the determination. I don't expect to get it on the first round but who knows. My LTD was approved very quickly on the same documentation so maybe I will be lucky...or unlucky since they seem to think I'm in pretty bad shape. If SSD turns me down my LTD carrier is providing a lawyer free of charge. So I am just waiting to hear from SSD and then I will contact them.

I can afford to be calm since at this time SSD probably wouldn't pay me much more than my LTD policy. Now if I could just get some answers from the docs...oh well.
  • Well I expected it...got the first denial letter today from SSD. Guess I will call the lawyers next week.
  • Sorry to hear SSD denied you.
    But your right, time to get lawyers involved.

At least tho you still have some income, until you do get approved for SSD.
    And then you wont owe the lawyers anything either.
    Probably the most important thing is all your doctor's get their report to SSD, so nothing is left out.

Best of luck to ya, and stay postive that you will get your approval letter.