Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

late diagnosis; did it cause more damage

pelican26ppelican26 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:51 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
it took 9 different doctors and tons of therapy (acupuncture, massage, stretching, therapy of body and mind) just to get my diagnosis. I truly thought I was going crazy! I started to believe I had let this problem manifest itself into a serious debility. I had severe pain in my neck that kept my arms weak & numb. I had aching pain all through my body and muscle spasms that were constant. its like they were relentless in trying to make my neck pull itself into my body. I probably went to the ER 15 times. I felt like my life was in shambles. I was only 22 but I felt like I was 100 yrs of age. I was working drummer and songwriter but, over time it was becoming really hard to play anymore. I would play a show and pack up my gear and go to the ER. I was this young man that was looked at as a drug seeker. so I was never treated well at all by doctors in appointments or in the ER. they would just make me pay every penny I had and send me away with a stretch booklet and no advise. I had a Xrays, MRI'S, CT scans but they never found anything. I felt like a wimp and I was told I was pathetic by doctors (really happened ). I finally came upon a doctor that believed me and gave me a chance but, I had to have a discogram. one of the most painful procedures out there. I was at this point 2 1/2 years into symtoms and borderline suicidal. luckily they found between c6-c7 my disc was shot. I rejoiced and had surgery about a month later. it's been 4 1/2 years since then and I'm back in bad shape. I don't know why my surgery didn't work but it wasn't even a year after my surgery I was back in pain. I have DDD pretty bad discs c1-c2, c7-t3 are thinning out and some bone spurs. my muscles are swollen so bad you can see the bulge. I just want to know if all the time it took to find my diagnosis made my conditions worse now and if cervical fusion doesn't work that often. will I spend the rest of my life in pain and recovering from surgerys. I'm getting married and I'm tired of putting the burden of my pain on my fiance. she loves me so much it just kills her to see me like this. I wanna have kids and play win them but I struggle so much now its hard to see the future. what does anyone recommend I need someone's wisdom. I'm 27 and want to make my life better because I have a lot to live for and want to live right. thanks

• Always remember you are not alone. There are many other people going thru the same thing.

The bigger question is WHY people so young in America are coming down with Degenerative Nervous Systems. Thinking about this will keep you sane and not suicidal and maybe get you to help our future.

Dioxins, radiation fallout in the ground/food.

Marines that were in Vietnam and sprayed with Agent Orange had mutant babies with destroyed DNA.

I was born with a club foot, extra vertebrae, extra ribs, and got grey hair by 17. Recently I read a medical journal saying grey hairs at a young age means Degeneration of the Nervous system.

I can confirm that. Unfortunately there's no cure for us and you're not alone in suffering horendous pain from those nerves being pinched off.

Oxycontin WAS a good pain medication until Obama forced Purdue Pharma to recently reformulate it. It now no longer works. I think he's trying to cull the herd and get rid of all the white people with destroyed DNA...DDD. We're living thru a holocaust.

Notice he's giving citizenship to +1million foreigners now year after year? He's bringing in fresh DNA...just look at where he's bringing them from. God have mercy on this countries future and for the world.
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    hey pelican,
    I don't think the delay in diagnosis would have made a difference in the advancing disease. My symptoms started in my early twenties and I wasn't diagnosed till mid thirty. Twenty plus years later and a handful of surgeries later I'm not doing too bad. A lot of this has to do with your state of mind. I too have battled through depression that chronic pain brings on. Meds can be beneficial at controlling pain but sometimes the side effects out weigh the benefits. For over a year now I have shelved the meds and with the help of Dr's and PT's I am back to being physically active with a better attitude. I agree with you that our pain can weigh on our relationships with family and friends. I've learned over the years to "suck it up" and put on the game face. They still see our pain but it's easier for them to support us if we don't complain about it 24/7.
    Let me know if I can be of any help and support to you.
    Take care,