Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New here need some advice

DarleneWDDarleneW Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I was in a roll over back in Nov. I have been in Physical therapy, but my therapist has told me that I am at a standstill and there is nothing more she can do for me,unless I get trigger point and epidural injections. My muscles are very tight and I am in constant pain. i also get migraines where I can not function. I do not know much about the injections and am nervous about getting them. Is there any other procedures that could be done? Is injections in the spine really that safe? I seen the side effects to it. Any advice would help.

• Hi Darlene,

First let me say welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and you will find many whom deal with cervical spine issues. As far as your neck issues, what test have the doctors performed and what is your diagnoses? What areas of the spine will they be injecting. As far as trigger point injections, those are less invasive and just hit the spots where you feel knots to get some medication in them in hopes of breaking them up. The ESI injections are a little different. They should be done under flourascopic guidance, and hit the epidural space. There are other injections that target the nerve roots themselves but done in the same manner. I myself have had the injections without any sedative and they weren't to bad. I like to tell all members to try all conservative type treatments before considering more evasive measures like surgery. I have seen many members come have the injections are out living a normal busy life, with the spine issues in the review mirrors.

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. If there is anything I can do don't hesitate to pm me. Take care and keep us posted.
  • Hi Darlene, In my opinion only, it's worth a try to get the injections to see if they might help. I am going tomorrow for my 2nd of 3 Epidural for my Thoracic region and am hoping that I get some relief. I will take anything in the relief level. It is better than what I have going on now. I have found this set of Epidurals without twilight not to be painful what so ever, which I am very thankful of. Now I am just waiting, hoping for some good results. Nothing yet, but I am being positive. My thoughts on the injections are they are worth a try if there is a possibility of bringing me some relief. Whether that relief is for 3 days or 6 months or longer. I hope for the longer span. I have had the Epidurals before on different areas and didn't get much relief unfortunately but I tried. I would have never have known unless I tried. As far as I know nothing has happened to my back as a result of having the injections. I would do every injection in the book than to have another surgery that did not work and made me worse than I was originally. Just my opinion.