Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Another pain in the back

ajr3az76aajr3az76 Posts: 45
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in New Member Introductions
Well I may not have much of the terminology down yet buut i would like to say hello to all. I have been dealing with lower back issues since i went off a jump on a snowtube (lying on my stomach) at age 13. I am now turning 35 and the pain has gone from mild to harsh. I also have had numerous back injuries since then. However in the past 10 years things have gotten quite unbearable. I have tried PT,Chiropractic,acupuncture,and many stretching and strengthening exercises.

Now the fun begins after my insurance finally clears me for an mri,my ortho says the magic word..SURGERY :jawdrop: ..i am trying to wait till next year so i can get my business operating mostly without me.Carpet Cleaning not a great choice for lower back issues,i know. I am scheduled for first epidiural injection next thurs. And the doc has suggested fusion of L5/S1 and adr L5/L4. I am a bit nervous but am willing if i can experience a normal life again. I have 5 children and not being able to have fun with them at the park and other types of physical activities just kills me everyday.

Anyway i look forward to reading more from those that deal with this like me. Thank you all.

• sorry about your pain! Insurance sure can be a pain in the you know what! I had a fusion of L5/S1. It helped but I don't think my life will ever be the same again. In some ways thats not a bad thing! :) :O
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. it sounds like you have tried most all conservative measures and are ready to move on to the next step..i am sorry you are suffering!! but first things first and that means your MRI.. good luck to you! i hope you are cleared soon and are on your way to a diagnosis.. be sure and have a good look around the forum! Jenny :)
  • Hi and welcome.
    What surgery is the doctor suggesting?
    Did the doctor suggest that you stop going to the chiropractor? If not, ask. I have heard chiro is not the best thing for lower back. As a matter of fact, my last ditch effort to avoid surgery was to visit a chiro and thank goodness he was reputable and told me he wouldn't treat me without my doctor's approval.

Anyhow, hope you find the support you want here.