Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Got my hearing date with ALJ

gar0262ggar0262 Posts: 164
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:52 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to drop in and say that I heard from my lawyer today and I have my hearing date with the ALJ scheduled for May 2 at 1:00pm. I don't know whether to be excited or nervous, lol. Needless to say I have a few things to get done before then, such as getting to my neurologist and also my PC dr and get RFC forms filled out, and also a pretrial meeting with my lawyer. I just wanted to ask everyone for prayers and positive thoughts, for a positive outcome at the hearing. :)
advertisement

Comments

• Hi, and u got it.

Wishing u the best of luck, and keeping fingers crossed that everything goes your way, and you get approved.
    Hope you dont have to wait to long to get your results.
  • Good Luck with your hearing, hopefully everything goes well. If you know the name of your ALJ, there is a post below where you can see how many approvals and disapprovals they have done. I beleive the average is about 60 percent approval at ALJ, so that is on your side. I would also bet your chances go up when being represented by a lawyer. Good Luck!!!!
  • I don't know who the judge is as of yet, but I had saw where there was a list and their approval rates, and as soon as I know I'm gonna check it out. I do have a lawyer, and I have a pre trial meeting with him on the Friday before my court date. I also got the forms in the mail from my lawyer that I can take to my doctors and have them fill them out, in regards to my migraines and also my back issues. I am so anxious for this to hopefully be approved! I will make sure and let ya'll know how things go.
  • I found out the name of my ALJ and by looking at the list, he seems to have a good percentage rate but here or his numbers: Dispositions 369: Total dispostions across all offices 369: Decisions 348: Awards 301: Denials 47: Fully favorable 294: Partially favorable 7. So if anyone is good with numbers maybe you can figure out the percentage rate. So I've got about 2 12/ more weeks till my hearing.
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    I wish you luck! I see myself eventually going to ALJ in a year, two, three? LOL Also just sent you a note to ask about Carpal Tunnel.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • I got to 2 doctors yesterday and got paperwork filled out for my lawyer to get turned in before the hearing. It's getting closer, and it's all I can think about.
    My lawyer did tell me yesterday that the judge that I have is a good one, and that they like to hear his name come up for hearings cuz he is good to go in front of! WOO HOO!
    My neurologist is absolutely convinced that I will get approved. I did ask him if he wanted to come to my hearing with me. LOL Of course I know he can't but it would be nice. :)
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,617
    I'm right with you sister!! My Hearing date is the 26th of this month .... 12 days and counting ... I'm on pins and needles .... Kinda like my foot pain!!

I am so hopeful that the SSD justice system will do us justice ..... but one of my favorite sayings is "There is no justice ... there is Just Us"

I just heard yesterday that someone we all know and a VERY Special and Important friend of SH was just denied in her hearing .... It was very disheartening and I have fears that this may happen to me. At that point the only recourse is to appeal the determination.

Wishing positive outcomes to our SSD's actions and that we can at least have the security, that we have paid into with our sweat and blood .... for employers who at the end of the day could care less about our general health and welfare.

Regards and prayer,

d
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!  (Click on Welcome to Spine-Health)
    My Story  - Click below
    http://www.spine-health.com/forum/discussion/44804/pain/neck-pain-cervical/long-and-winding-road
    I am not a doctor nor have I ever played one on TV.  Therefore any comments made are based on my experience.
  • I hate to hear about anyone getting denied for disability, cuz as we all know, it's so disheartening! All we wanna do is have a life, which is now so altered compared to what we used to have.
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayer for a positive outcome in your hearing!
    Do you know the name of your judge? Have you looked up the stats for your judge to see how he/she rates in their decisions? As I mentioned, the judge I have seems to be a real positive for me, so I'm hoping the best for you too.
    Take care,
    Glor
advertisement