Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am so sorry to dump this

FenrysFFenrys Posts: 56
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Depression and Coping
Hey folx
So sorry but so low..... I am lucky I have a great husband etc I know that I am blessed in many many ways and I have been telling myself over and over for I don't know how long ....few days this time I'm guessing????.....I can't get away from this physical pain (bad flare up this week) meds recently renewed so not that!! Just a bad time.

Like a lot of us the situation is quite bad...I am 38 and have been using a stick/cane for 8years since I got out of the chair! Two years ago we moved house and so are under new gp - I have been referred to pain clinic again but since I am looking at a £50 taxi fare each way ......not happening .....I can't,I have 2 kids????

So its renewal for DLA(got it for 5 years last time after tribunal) and I have been refused (from top rates to zero) and have to appeal AGAIN!! What I really don't understand is that I cannot fake medical results!!!!!!!

Honestly I feel so low and degraded and I just don't know what to do!!!!! Am exhausted with physical pain and now this on top has just become too much!!

I am truly sorry to dump this on you all !!!! Usually I hide this with anger or laughing (people can't c u cry in txts) can't do it today!

• Very sorry about your pain' I totaly understand your frustrations.All we can do is take it day by day.Rough week here also this week for some reason.Very hard to keep it together sometimes for sure.We are all here to vent our frusrtrations. Alex'
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I know how you feel,I also have been having a very tuff time of things this last week or so.Severe depression due to pain increase,when it should be decreaseing,isn't that why we have these op's.
    Anyway,I just wanted to wish you the best & tell you ,that you are in my prayers for a full recovery & 100% pain reduction.Keep your chin up,spoil yourself where-ever you can,take one day at a time,this will change & improve for you in the end-hang in there,& know there are others hanging in there with you.
    Cheers for now Mike from New Zealand.
  • >:D< Thanks guys for your help and support!! I know that you are both right and this phase will pass :)
    If ever I can do the same (or anything else for that matter) for either of you PLEASE shout and ill be here :)

Here's to keeping it together;-) - thanks again -sarah
  • I don't believe that I've posted with you before so I'd like to say welcome to Spine-Health. This is the king of support groups for people for you and me, as well and a bunch of others, as you can see.

I understand how it seems to pile on. I just started a new job (thank goodness since I'd had two surgeries, been unemployed for two years because I got laid of from a fantastic job) that is tougher on my body that I thought, just got enough money to pay my March mortgage, and found out my hubby's car just broke down.

There's just way too much pain out there, physically, emotionally and psychologically. Things tend to snowball, it's all part of what we call life. But you know what? We make it. We do. We always make it. Yeah, it's a toughy, sometimes to the end of our rope, but we climb back up again.

I'm there with ya and am planning on climbing back up to the top of the rope, no matter how long it may take. I'll get there.

Won't you join me? I could use the company...

• Oh cathie
    Thank you so much for your kind words!!! I am usually the one boosting everyone else but lost the grip on that rope!

I am very lucky that I have a loving husband and two great kids - we home ed them, a warm lived in home as opposed to a cold showhouse and a vast number of animals (nice dog by the way) including a lovely litter of 2 week old pups (lurcher)

We have just been through sooooo much this year that the snoWball turned to an avalanche lol and a bit of aid was required - so thanx

I am not by nature one of lifes victims - I'm the tough cookie in the bunch - you know the sort ;-)

A pal once told me that I had as many words for fine as the innuit have for snow :-) I am just one of lifes copers but.........not doing so well at the moment - I will I know just the first grip on the rope seemed hard earlier on today ;-)

Any time u need to sound off about stuff I'm here ok??

Thanks again - sarah
  • Hey folks.........just want to say the miseries lol have gone and thanks so much for kicking me up the butt(much needed)

It was one of those times where I was beyond miserable(has to be really bad before I seek help/talk to anyone which is quite stupid) and within a few more days I was over the worst !!!

Isn't it funny (I find this) that we don't know its coming and we don't know its going but, we know when its there and when its gone lol ??

I will leave your help here incase someone else can benefit from it ......Cathie......I used your rope to help (hopefuly) someone else so.........thanks agin guys and if I can ever help you......shout!!x0x0
  • There is a few of us out there.But here is a chance to communicate with others that are in a similar situation.Which is so much better than feeling totally alone.Especially for those with no family around them.
    Good for you & keep sharing stuff with us all.Thumbs up.
  • Hi,
    You are right about the "no family" part - it does make a big differance !! :-?

Thanx again and good luck to you too
  • Hi, I am a newbie here, but I am finding this place a great source of information, help and support. Actually its the only support!

Going back to Fenry's 1st post, I too am experiencing problems with the DLA. I have been on lower care for bloomin years, and for the last 11 months my condition has taken a rapid decline. Doctors have told me that my L5 is now completely fractured. The pain is a constant 10 everyday, tablets help only so much. I feel like a useless plum with absolutely no purpose in life and being here :( Yes, its safe to say that my depression has well and truely kicked in. Well it would do when some snotty nosed man, who probably has great health,tells me on the phone that I am not entitled to mobility.Now I have to face the appeal process and I'm not coping to well with it.